Snorkle

Anyone can post your questions or comments here.

Moderator: Committee

julesta

Snorkle

Post by julesta »

Hi there,

Does anyone know who makes a Snorkle for a 2008 Grand Vitara? I have found that Outdoor Auto Suzuki have one but I don't know much about them. Are they reliable or shll I steer clear and stick with the well known's?
steve125
Financial Member

Re: Snorkle

Post by steve125 »

If you want a snorkel now, Outdoor Auto is the only supplier in Oz. I think he brings in the FTS brand from Taiwan.

ARB are, allegedly, "working on one" but you may be waiting a while for it to become available, if at all.

And do you really want to cut a big hole in your shiny new GV? You can always just use a tarp across the front of the grill anytime you want to cross deep water.

Have you fitted any underbody guards? I have a Brown Davis sump guard on my GV but I would recommend the one Outdoor Auto supplies as it extends further back than the one I have.
julesta

Post by julesta »

Thanks for this. I have been looking for some body gaurds and also been considering Getting it from Outdoor auto. Though the team at Piranah in Bayswater have quoted Me cheaper than what outdoor auto have so will see. Eiter either way will definatly get some under bod protection.

Don't mind too much drilling a hole in the GV. The air intake is in a silly spot and does suck in a fair bit of dust esp since we don't get much rain anymore!!

What other mods have you done to your GV?
steve125
Financial Member

Post by steve125 »

julesta wrote:What other mods have you done to your GV?
Just the sump guard so far. Next will be a set of bigger tyres once I make up my mind on what size/type to go for. May look at a suspension lift but will probably be spending that money on my Sierra. The plan at the moment is to use the GV everyday and for 'soft' offroad touring and mod the Sierra for playing in the mud close to Melbourne.
andrew_wale

Post by andrew_wale »

steve125 wrote:ARB are, allegedly, "working on one" but you may be waiting a while for it to become available, if at all.
Steve.

ARB (safari) were going to make snorkel for the 1998-2005 GV's but never did.
I did ask the question and the answer was there was not enough demand for a snorkel.
I would be most surprised if the there was more demand for the current models.

Give Mick from Suzi World a call. Suziworld may be cheaper again.
http://www.suziworld.com.au/