1.0 L engine

Anyone can post your questions or comments here.

Moderator: Committee

Jhey

1.0 L engine

Post by Jhey »

Hi guys,

Can somebody help me with the following question?
I'm looking at a 1995 sierra stockman to buy, and the engine is a 1.0 liter. But didn't Suzuki upgrade their 1.0L engine to a 1.3L in 1984?? I don't know enough about the different models over the years, but the grill has vertical vents and the indicator lights are on the bumper, not next to the head lights.
And if it is the right model and I'm just being paranoid, would a 1.0L be strong enough for some serious hill country with a full tray of camping gear? I don't wanna end up half way up a hill with nowhere to go…

Thanks!
jHey
christover1
Financial Member

Re: 1.0 L engine

Post by christover1 »

A lot LWB Sierras are 1.0L.
Only a few had the 1.3 and can't remember what years they were.
The 1.0 litre will be fine, if in good nick, and if you are on stock tyres and no lift.
Or if you gear it right to suit bigger tyres.
It is no V8 but is an ok engine.
1.3 conversion can be done, but is not a simple bolt in.
ZOOKS RULE DA BUSH
gwagensteve
Financial Member

Post by gwagensteve »

You're not looking at a Sierra, you're looking at a Maruti, which is an Indian built LWB Sierra clone. If the 1.0 is in good condition it will be OK so long as the car is properly geared for its tyre size.

The problem is less off road than on. On the highway you're likely to find the 1.0 lacks torque.

A 1995 Maruti should be a wide track car. I'd say its a good buy even if you find the motor lacking- it's a good candidate for a 1.6 EFI conversion

Steve.
michaelpiranha2000 wrote: The rear is in great condition. but has a broken crown wheel and pinon
jonfromhamilton

Post by jonfromhamilton »

I think I saw this in Auszookers the other day for sale, looked sweet
Jhey

Post by Jhey »

Thanks guys.
You gave me some great advice!