Easy Trips - Discussion

Trip Planning and Trip Reports

Moderator: Committee

Greg

Easy Trips - Discussion

Post by Greg »

A concern was raised at the June meeting that there is not enough easy trips running.

Let's post up our exciting ideas for easy trips, gauge member interest levels, and see if we can motivate some members enough to get some of these trips running in the coming months.
steve125
Financial Member

Re: Easy Trips - Discussion

Post by steve125 »

I believe luigi is interested in running a camping/prospecting/touring type trip to the Castlemaine area.

I could run an easyish trip in the Narbethong/Marysville/Buxton area in August or September, see what the weathers like and what tracks are open.
Matthew
Financial Member

Post by Matthew »

I usually run my easy, "dodgy snow trip" around marysville in July or August, but lack of car means I won't be this year.

Perhaps you could lead that this year Steve125?

Another that would be good to run again would be Joey's/Daryl's McAdams Gap pub snow day trip.
Greg

Post by Greg »

No more love for the easy trips?

Surely easy trip type people have easy trip type ideas?
Matthew
Financial Member

Post by Matthew »

Perhaps easy trip type people are lacking confidence in organizing a trip?
Greg

Post by Greg »

Matthew wrote:Perhaps easy trip type people are lacking confidence in organizing a trip?
Fair call Matt, but there is no reason why we can't have a more experienced member co-run a trip.

That said, if there are no ideas, and there's no interest, then there is no need to organise anything.
luigi
Financial Member

Post by luigi »

Hi Fellas. I have an idea for an easy trip. I am still marking it out. Will probably start at Sailors Falls near Daylesford and finish at Castlemaine. Would be on a Sunday. Would be in the northern part of the Wombat State Forest , Jim Crow Ranges ,Upper Loddon State Forest and Castlemaine Goldfields Heritage Park.
The tracks are easy but slippery if wet. Would look at a few famous goldmines and have lunch on Sailors Ck. Light a fire and cook some sausages and do a goldpanning demo. Would take all day , I reckon.
It would suit standard Vitaras and Sierras.
Any Interest?
Regards. Wayne.
Greg

Post by Greg »

Nice idea Wayne.

I can't recall a single trip into the Castlemaine area in the 10+ years I've been in the club.
christover1
Financial Member

Post by christover1 »

Sounds good to me, I'd be in it it Wayne.
ZOOKS RULE DA BUSH
gwagensteve
Financial Member

Post by gwagensteve »

It's cool up there - I did some great trips in that region with the Landcruiser club near 20 years ago.

Steve.
michaelpiranha2000 wrote: The rear is in great condition. but has a broken crown wheel and pinon