Trials Feb 2011 26th/27th - - - - Feb Updates

Trip Planning and Trip Reports

Moderator: Committee

sierrajim

Trials Feb 2011 26th/27th - - - - Feb Updates

Post by sierrajim »

I guess we need to start putting together some form of plan for the Trials weekend. Time, as always is going to be the issue. This side of Christmas would be tight - then we have school holidays and a gap until Adventure tour (March).

So I guess we can look at as two options, either during Feb before Adventure Tour or in late March after "the" tour.

It's unlikely I'll be able to be there late March but am happy to help set up/organize things before hand, I would however need someone to put their hand up to run the day.

If everyone that's interested can please post up any thoughts or ideas on dates so that I can talk to Lloyd about a couple of prospective dates.

The property is located near Yea, has camping on site and will need at least 1-2 working bee days put in at some stage before hand.
Last edited by sierrajim on Tue 01 Feb, 2011 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
andrew_wale

Re: Trials 2011

Post by andrew_wale »

I am very interested in helping etc.
The Jeep club do these type of things about twice a year and are great social events.
Maybe we can do a combined Jeep/Suzuki event. :D

This will be a good chance to show how good Suzuki's actually are.

At this stage February is O.K for me and the weather will be good then also.
Site Admin

Post by dank »

would love a trials day.

put me down to help out, working bees etc.
Lloyd
Financial Member

Post by Lloyd »

I will be at my block the weekend of 16th & 17th October.Its 1.1/2 hours out of Melbourne, Seymour way. It's the proposed trials site. Want to camp overnight? Want to explore the block and set up a mini course? Well why not! We've got water tanks, a toilet for the ladies, OK Blokes too; A lot of firewood and plenty of places to pitch a tent. Come for the weekend or the day, it's all OK. Caitlin might even have a tupperware party! Catch up at the next meeting
Mock

Post by Mock »

Pretty sure we'll be there 8-)

Mock
mugginsmoo welding grinding sanding painting my old shit in melb
neofitou

Post by neofitou »

going to try to come. thats as much as I can commit to atm.
gwagensteve
Financial Member

Post by gwagensteve »

That's Seonaid's birthday weekend and Piggles is well and truly off the road at the moment.

I'll let you know.

Steve.
michaelpiranha2000 wrote: The rear is in great condition. but has a broken crown wheel and pinon
sierrajim

Post by sierrajim »

mmmm, Mock said this was the weekend after. I'll be ........ all weekend away for our anniversary.

Even have some new wheels I'd like to test out but unfortunately won't be able to make it.
Jonno

Post by Jonno »

I will try to come
sierrajim

Post by sierrajim »

Right o then.

What a property!!! rocks, dirt, sand and some BIG hills. Thanks again to Lloyd for making this opportunity available to us.

We've worked out a couple of stages that will keep the "crazy loco's with the big tyres" entertained. One of which will require around 1/2 - 2/3 of a day clearing some brush.

The big question that needs to be asked before we embark on the hard work is to what level of vehicle do we need to set the more standard courses? There's ton's of hard stuff there to drive along with quite a lot of courses that could be fiddled with so that you'd get a standard Vitara through.

The fiddling with these more mild courses will most likely absorb around a day to a day and a half. This would need to be done to ensure that the courses are both drivable and to pretty well eliminate any chance of damaging a shiny car.

Please post up both your intentions of attending and also the specs of the car you wish to drive. Off this we'll be able to work out what needs to be done.

So far we have
Lloyd - LJ with gears, no lockers and 31's
Mock - SWB sierra with gears, lockers and 31's
James - LWB Sierra with gears, lockers and 36's
Dan - SWB Sierra with gears, lockers and 34's
Andrew - ???