AT2012 - ONE WEEK TO GO!! - Trip Reports P.13

Trip Planning and Trip Reports

Moderator: Committee

sierrajim

Re: 10,11,12-Mar-2012 - Adventure Tour - seating sorted

Post by sierrajim »

Narelle will be with me all three days unless she falls out, gets left behind or annoys me. :D
Jonno

Post by Jonno »

I also have a mate coming with me for the three days.
is there a spare bed for him?
dank
Site Admin

Post by dank »

I might have a seat available, but want to keep it open to some mates that haven't confirmed as yet.
Greg

Post by Greg »

dank wrote:I might have a seat available, but want to keep it open to some mates that haven't confirmed as yet.
?? i thought you had randel and the other fellow riding with you dank?

hmmm... now i had better call Mick to find out what is happening since it is all unconfirmed from his end at the moment.
Greg

Post by Greg »

Greg wrote:
dank wrote:I might have a seat available, but want to keep it open to some mates that haven't confirmed as yet.
?? i thought you had randel and the other fellow riding with you dank?

hmmm... now i had better call Mick to find out what is happening since it is all unconfirmed from his end at the moment.
scrap that... I called Mick. The randel thing all fell through. so i think we now have:

Matt - looking for a seat Sat and Sun
Neol - looking for a seat Sat, Sun and Mon

Mika has a seat for Sun and Mon
I have a seat for Sat and Mon

Jonno has no room (mate of Jonno).
Steve has no room (Mick and camera)
Jim has no room (mrs Jim).
Mitch has no room (mrs Mitch).

Harley and Dan - we need to know your seating situations soon please.
Gallagags
Financial Member

Post by Gallagags »

Hi guys,

As Greg mentioned I'm out of AT12, and the tug is off the road for the foreseeable future due to a mixture of my own stupidity and a very frustrating Australia Post mix up.

If there are seats available I would like to ride along on the Saturday and Monday, I won’t be around for Saturday night or Sunday as I'm now struggling to get out of family engagements since I'm not driving. Will return Sunday arvo/evening for the festivities though, may even wear my green top!

At least I should have a more relaxing weekend as I won’t get angry I at my junk because:
a) I can't break it and
b) I wont get stuck on shit that the guys on cheaters (krawlers) amble up.
That is of course if my anger about not being able to drive has subsided by that time.

Greg, if my absence on Saturday night leaves you short of funds for accommodation I will still cover my share as per my original confirmation.

Cheers
mud_muncher

Post by mud_muncher »

The reason we can not confirm the attendence of the jeep is we are racing this weekend and depending what happens it might not be in 1 piece :mrgreen: . I could bring the jimny but it has one axle stuck in the front housing and will only have stock cvs with no spare, which could cut the weekend very short, unless I drive like a grannie and winch over the really hard stuff, just for the extra seat??? Other wise I was bitching for dan.
Jonno

Post by Jonno »

Hey Greg,

Maybe my mate can take Michaels bed? That saves him paying and you being short?
Greg

Post by Greg »

Jonno wrote:Hey Greg,

Maybe my mate can take Michaels bed? That saves him paying and you being short?
Oh no - you two are sleeping head to toe as punishment for the late notice :mrgreen:

fear not Jonno - i think we have beds a plenty booked out.
Brad.Jones
Financial Member

Post by Brad.Jones »

Would like your honest opinions here, I really would love to come along but by the same token I don't want to bring a car that's not up to scratch.

I am getting nervous about my gears showing up in enough time for me to fit them. Can I do the trip without them?

Another issue I have noticed is the clutch in the sierra would seem inadequate especially when both lockers are engaged.
Chris you witnessed this on the trip we did to Wombat State Forest. If for example I parked the car so both front wheels
were perpendicular to a ledge say 2-3 times higher than your standard gutter in the street and then tried to slowly crawl up
the ledge the clutch slips, no matter how many revs you give it (with the clutch fully out) the thing won't budge. It would
seem to improve slightly when cold but only slightly. Obviously if I take a little run up just a foot or so then we can climb the ledge.
Would this be normal for a stock clutch or is this a sign that I should be replacing it as well???

And not to mention my leaky axle seals... I guess this is not such a huge issue so long as I make sure everything stays all lubed up.
Brad Jones - Analyst - http://www.kdis.com.au - 0407 961 903
2003 Suzuki Grand Vitara - 1988 Suzuki Sierra