AT2012 - ONE WEEK TO GO!! - Trip Reports P.13

Trip Planning and Trip Reports

Moderator: Committee

Matthew
Financial Member

Re: 10,11,12-Mar-2012 - Adventure Tour

Post by Matthew »

Just to add to the confusion, I'll stay in one of the group cabins on Saturday unless mitch doesn't take the tentative cabin, in which case I'll grab it.

Matt
mika
Financial Member

Post by mika »

is the plan to do warburton day 1?
gwagensteve
Financial Member

Post by gwagensteve »

That would be my vote.

Steve.
michaelpiranha2000 wrote: The rear is in great condition. but has a broken crown wheel and pinon
greyghost
Financial Member

Post by greyghost »

Yep. I'll take the tentative cabin.

...... Warby on the first day. Yay this time i'll get the best days wheeling done before my junk breaks
pirate4x4 wrote:So much hate, you guys never heard of QUADRANGULATION!? This is thinking outside the box, so outside you can not even see the box anymore :)
Greg

Post by Greg »

Yep - definately warby day 1...

We have better access to food and supplies in Yarra junction before we start, and warby has the best tracks too...

Last year we had much of the group pack up and head home before we got into Warby, and as a result we only drove 1 track... this way we can get in there nice and fresh and get a heap of tracks done.
Matthew
Financial Member

Post by Matthew »

Will we meet at Yarra Junction or Warby and at what time?

Re: Fuel. If it's any use I can get a 200l fuel drum from work, I just don't know how we would transport it.

Matt
Greg

Post by Greg »

Hi All,

Today I will be doing a bit of a ring-around to try to work out who is staying where on what nights so that i can call back the accom in Noojee and either confirm or release the 3rd cabin.

These locations arent really locked in - but as a guide for what we are planning at the moment if you are considering tagging along for just a day, or planning for a trailer drop off point etc.

Saturday:
Drive from Melbourne or whereever else you live
Start in Yarra Junction
Finish just near Yarra Junction, then convoy to Noojee

Sunday:
Convoy out of Noojee to Labertouche (perhaps via Neerim for fuel)
Start Labertouche (not sure which end yet)
Finish Labertouche (not sure which end yet)
Convoy back to Noojee (perhaps via Neerim for fuel)

Monday:
Convoy out of Noojee to Labertouche
Start Labertouche (not sure which end yet)
Finish Labertouche (ideally at the Melbourne end)
Drive back to Melbourne or wherever else people live

Depending on the Saturday and Sunday track coverage, we could even return to Warburton on the Monday afternoon if people are keen. It's only 25km from Labertouche.

Note: we are always happy to accept people for just a day, but it's up to you to meet up with the convoy somewhere (very preferably on the tarmac).
Greg

Post by Greg »

Accomodation Locked in.

Jim, Matt, Mitch - please check your PMs.

thanks,
Greg
Mock

Post by Mock »

Think I have sorted Cartel gear, how many people are coming? I count 11.
Im going to ask for 15 shirts, and some hats. And Im sure they will give us a bunch of stickers.

This year Im going to shoot an epic video, and Ill do a bunch of small vids for Youtube/FB and Vimeo. Offroad cartel have said they will feature them on their website, and on their youtube channel. Dirtcomp have said they will feature an article and push the vids on the web and also want me to shoot a feature car from the club.

Dank, if could help me out with a Gopro or 2, even if they are yours, that would be great. And ill run a KPD banner in the Vids as sponser.

If im shooting AT, I have control of the output, so we can all proof the vids before publish. Maybe over a few beers and BBQ at my place.

Do we have any spare seats? One of the ORC boys seemed interested in flying down to passenger, and I was thinking of asking Randall from Dirtcomp if he wanted to come down and write the article, cuz I suck at words. Accommodation is not a problem for them if it happens, they can stay at my house.
im only 20mins from Yarra Junction, 50mins from Noojee.

Cheers guys

Mock :mrgreen:
mugginsmoo welding grinding sanding painting my old shit in melb
dank
Site Admin

Post by dank »

Hey mock I should have two GoPros one HD Hero and a HD Hero2 available for the weekend plus Jonno also has one HD Hero 2 that will probably be there as well. Will be great to see what you will come up with!