AT2012 - ONE WEEK TO GO!! - Trip Reports P.13

Trip Planning and Trip Reports

Moderator: Committee

dank
Site Admin

Re: 10,11,12-Mar-2012 - Adventure Tour

Post by dank »

I'm definitely in!

I had this fleeting thought that maybe a drive in the narbethong area is worth a crack. I have some local contacts up there who are opening up new "old" tracks that have been overgrown since the fires...

not sure if anyone is interested in stuff like this:
http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h36 ... 7d7ce4.mp4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2FqQ6bg ... wLW0UVpI8n

I'm not sure if bogholes really interest me either at this point in time...BUT If it is super wet then Narby has some wicked hill climbs like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0SXxwis ... YU4IDTw7zM

I vote the Tool Shed again for accomodation. it worked really well last trip. Decent food and well located. Noojee also has some stuff worth looking at but will need to do some exploring. I am hoping to get up into Labertouche and have a look at a few old tracks and some new "lines" that have opened up after the fires.....

Would also like to potentially go back to neerim. i really think that Labertouche end of Gembrook/bunyip park has some really good stuff and some lines that will test everyone.
Jonno

Post by Jonno »

Oops Sorry Greg, I am in of course!
Greg

Post by Greg »

list updated.

Drivers:
1. Myself
2. Steve G
3. Jim
4. Brad (depending on Sierra mod schedule)
5. Neo (are you buying a car? or just looking for a seat?)
6. Mitchie
7. Mika
8. Dank
9. Jonno

Passengers:
1. Mick
2. Matt

I liked the Toolshed too. The only thing missing from Noojee was a 'quick' breakfast solution and fuel.
mud_muncher

Post by mud_muncher »

Dont forget me. I have stock CV's Avalible, but dont trust these for AT. I might even bring the heep. (dont worry all the niggles have been sorted out :D ).
Greg

Post by Greg »

no problemo harley - added.

has that jeep got a rear locker yet? i heard a rumour that it only had an LSD last time. :roll:

might be time to build up a whiz bang front diff for the jimny? sierra or vitara center, double tough cvs and some custom axels from total traction to match.

Drivers:
1. Myself
2. Steve G
3. Jim
6. Mitchie
7. Mika
8. Dank
9. Jonno
10. Harley

Passengers:
1. Mick
2. Matt
Gallagags
Financial Member

Post by Gallagags »

Count me in mate!
Greg

Post by Greg »

List updated.

Drivers:
1. Myself
2. Steve G
3. Jim
6. Mitchie
7. Mika
8. Dank
9. Jonno
10. Noel

Passengers:
1. Mick
2. Matt

Looking like a solid 7 or 8 cars minimum. Awesome!

Neo - get shopping for a car dude
Greg

Post by Greg »

Todays Update is that I had a discussion with Dan and Steve and we all were in agreement that basing ourselves out of noojee again was a good plan. it worked pretty well last year, and with a few tweaks, we should be able to make it work even better this year.

This points us to the following likely stomping grounds:
1. warby
2. labertouche
3. neerim

So, in the interest of being super prepared, i called up The Outpost Retreat again and booked us the same two cabins we had last year, and tentitively grabbed the next one along too.

I said that I would call back next week and confirm the third cabin if required.

Here comes the details:

$130 for the double
$35 for anyone extra.
The 3 cabins i have asked for sleep 6.

So last year it turned out to be about $40 per head, per night.

But, if you have a preference not to sleep in the 'shared' accomodation with the rest of us - you might consider booking one of the other cabins and paying the $65 per head amount...

Anyways - here are the other updates and lessons learnt from last year:

1. Brekky
This year we will be doing a cookup for brekky. i.e. bacon and egg sandwhiches. This will stop us having to wait 1 hour for brekky in town.

2. Petrol
The Outpost can provide us 80L of fuel as a courtesy at what ever price they get it for. they provide this service for motor bike riders. i realise 80L wont fill up everyone, but we could use it for topups if required.

3. Coffee
Obviously we can do instant, but does anyone have a portable machine or (shock horror) a nespresso type thing they could bring?

4. Drinks
I am determined to come up with a clever way of budgeting this year so that everything is square at the end of the process. The snow trip worked pretty well, so we might do something like that again. (i.e. pre-pay).

So - please let me know if you have special sleeping needs, and / or, how many people you are bringing.

thanks,
greg
Matthew
Financial Member

Post by Matthew »

Not sure which day I will be riding shotgun but what time will we be kicking off in the morning?

Should I stay overnight or just meet you guys in the morning?

Matt
dank
Site Admin

Post by dank »

I reckon stay overnight Matt. Half the fun is the after driving trash talk over a couple of drinks. Also means there is no stress in the morning.