suspension

Anything related to 4WDs and 4WDing

Moderator: Committee

dank
Site Admin

Re: suspension

Post by dank »

Hi mate,

If this is Theo that called me last week, I lost your number so please give me a call on 0428 292 839. The dobinsons suspension is available and we can arrange fitting at your convenience.

Thanks

Dan KPD4x4
koucoul65

Post by koucoul65 »

Hi guys & thank you for the advice on fitting the bash plate on the GV. Yesterday i went for a drive with a mate who is a keen hunter & decided to go to Stony creek track 40 minutes past Mansfield,Weather was drizzly & foggy, We drove up the track & really got surprised what my new GV was capable off,but without the bash plate i would of lost half the bottom of my car. I basically glided over the humps and the dipper holes.Very impressed for a standard 4x4.Tyres are the next since i didn't enjoy the sliding feeling especially around the ridges.Thanks again about the advice. Cheers
koucoul65

Post by koucoul65 »

Hi guys.how are you? I have 2 dillemas about the GV sport. You advised me to get an extra set of 16 "rims so that i can have more options on tires from the 17" rims that come standard from Suzuki. I went to 2 lockal tire shops & ARB & they all told me it can't be done çause the callipers are too big for 16" rims.Any advise? 2: if i was to raise the suspension wou i go for Robitson or Ironman? Cheers
steve125
Financial Member

Post by steve125 »

Go for the Dobinsons suspension, the Ironman is a little too hard, good on road but needs more flex offroad. Give KPD4x4 a call, 0428 292 839.

16" rims should fit, early new GVs (up to 2008) came with 16s standard and a club member with a later new GV has put 16s on it. If in doubt, it's easy to just fit a rim at the tyre shop and see what clearance there is, any good tyre shop will do this.
gv2010
Financial Member

Post by gv2010 »

koucoul65 wrote:Hi guys.how are you? I have 2 dillemas about the GV sport. You advised me to get an extra set of 16 "rims so that i can have more options on tires from the 17" rims that come standard from Suzuki. I went to 2 lockal tire shops & ARB & they all told me it can't be done çause the callipers are too big for 16" rims.Any advise? 2: if i was to raise the suspension wou i go for Robitson or Ironman? Cheers
my GV is fitted with Dobinsons suspension, 16“ rim & Cooper ST Maxx 245/75R16 tyres, works fine.