Vitara Ute

Anything related to 4WDs and 4WDing

Moderator: Committee

Phantomzook

Vitara Ute

Post by Phantomzook »

Believed to be one of only three ever made by Suzuki Australia.
Mick at Suziworld has it at his work shop. It only has 20,000 k’s.
It is 16 inches longer in wheel base.
8 valve single point injection.
Mock

Re: Vitara Ute

Post by Mock »

Wicked!!!
mugginsmoo welding grinding sanding painting my old shit in melb
gwagensteve
Financial Member

Post by gwagensteve »

I'd be interested to stick my head under this... It would be interesting to see the wheelbase extension work and the compliance plate - It probably claims it's a carry van or something :D

Steve
michaelpiranha2000 wrote: The rear is in great condition. but has a broken crown wheel and pinon
christover1
Financial Member

Post by christover1 »

I can feel some angle grinding coming on.
Me want to make one :)

ZOOKS RULE DA BUSH
Phantomzook

Post by Phantomzook »

Came from the man who come up with the mighty boy.
It has original plates starting with D-- in the old green and whites vic plates, unsure whats on the compliance.
It has been registed since the early 90's
It is a short wheel base with extended chassis rails.
That white roof is a fibre glass clip in piece
cinders
Financial Member

Post by cinders »

Team

Just deamin but

the question is how do I make my 4 door V6 into 4 door ute or even a 2 door ute.

Cuase the doors and roof act like a roll bar/cage there must be compliance issues with chopping out the last 3 to 5ft of the back section of car and making that area into the ute section

Has anyone done something akin to that amongst our guys?

Have tossed out the back seat about 30kg but my overall wgt keeps going up with all the metal (bullbar, slide bars beer gut), that I am starting to think that mayby if I take out the 2 rear passenger doors and the back/tailgate that I can lose anothe 50kg which equals about 3 slabs of VB

Anyway just after a few ideas

cinders
gwagensteve
Financial Member

Post by gwagensteve »

Don't bother.

By the time you cut the back off, close out the back of the cab with the approval of the engineer, you'll save stuff all weight. A 4 door ute And I assume by "ute" you mean keeping the stock bodywork below the window sill?) will probably be heavier than what you have now (and have much less useable room than you have now) A 2 door ute might be lighter, but not much. It's hard to make stuff as light as the factory does. An example - factory braces etc are all <1.0mm thick and get their strength from their shape and clever engineering. replace that with stuff you can readily make means it has to be made from 2.5mm, 3.0mm or thicker material to get the strength without being able to fabricate the complex shapes. Odds are, you'll gain weight regardless, and miss the dry room to put your stuff.

For an example, try and work out how to mount the rear door once you cut the car at the window sill. The solution will weigh as much as the glass and frame you were deleting by cutting the roof off.

A trayback will still be negligibly lighter - by the time you build a tray, you'll put most of the weight back. The downside of a tray is that the weight goes up higher once you put load in. It's not a good solution - even if you lower overall weight, of the Centre of gravity goes up, it's not really a net win.

If you really want to save weight, replace all the windows behind the driver and passenger with polycarbonate, leave the spare tyre at home, strip the electric window mechanisms, run race seats... - you have to get very lateral to really save weight.

Just some thoughts.

Steve.
michaelpiranha2000 wrote: The rear is in great condition. but has a broken crown wheel and pinon
Mock

Post by Mock »

And speed holes :lol: you forgot speed holes :mrgreen:

Mock
mugginsmoo welding grinding sanding painting my old shit in melb
christover1
Financial Member

Post by christover1 »

Mock wrote:And speed holes :lol: you forgot speed holes :mrgreen:

Mock