Snow Trip 22nd Aug

Trip Planning and Trip Reports

Moderator: Committee

Matthew
Financial Member

Snow Trip 22nd Aug

Post by Matthew »

Decided I want to drive some snow this year, so providing I can get my junk running properly I will be heading up to Buxton on Sunday the 22nd of Aug.

This will be a bit of a recce as I don't know the area but have PM'd OPKen from outers who says there was snow above 870m last weekend, hopefully he will give me some track names.

Date: Sun 22nd August

Standard: Easy-Medium.

Meeting Location & Time: Igloo Rd House (Mobil) in Buxton at 09:30 to leave at 10:00.

Matt
mika
Financial Member

Re: Snow Trip 22nd Aug

Post by mika »

what area are you planning on going? could you give some more details please.
Cheers
chris
Matthew
Financial Member

Post by Matthew »

Sorry ATM all I can say is the Buxton area. Haven't heard back from OPKen so don't know any track names yet; as mentioned it will be a bit of recce as I don't know the area.

If anyone does know track names can you please let me know.
dank
Site Admin

Post by dank »

Hey Matt,

I've uploaded a map of the buxton and surrounding areas for you to Google Docs (*good idea Neo) if you want to have a look. It gives a general picture of where you will be going through. It's only and adventurer map series so it's not great for elevations etc but if you have Ozi explorer I have all of the CFA and DSE .ozf map files which you can read with a trial version of OziExplorer.

Click on the link to download the full Map:

http://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B07Ynrv ... y=CODutMwP
dank
Site Admin

Post by dank »

Matthew
Financial Member

Re: Snow Trip 22nd Aug Now Meeting in Marysville

Post by Matthew »

Ok slight change of plans, I heard back from OPKen and it turns out that the trip he ran is in much the same area as my previous trip to Marysville/Lake Mt. From his original description I thought he was going to be further nth than this, as a result I will run my trip in more or less the same area as I ran it last time. Will head out Lady Talbot Drive if it is open and see how far we can get.

We will now meet at the Mobil Fuel Station in Marysville at 10:00, or at least the spot where it used to be if it is no longer there, it was at 10 Murchison St.
The standard will be easy-medium with things tending to be on the easier side as I will have a stock JK with AT's tagging along.

I am going regardless of whether anyone else comes along.

Matt
Mock

Post by Mock »

Caitlin and I might be in for this one Matt, just depends on work and stuff. Ill let you know as soon as I know.

Mock
mugginsmoo welding grinding sanding painting my old shit in melb
christover1
Financial Member

Post by christover1 »

I am a maybe, going to try to be there
ZOOKS RULE DA BUSH
Mock

Post by Mock »

I'm in and I'm pretty sure pete Blackwood is coming too. I have heaps of maps if that area, I'll dig them out.

Mock :mrgreen:
mugginsmoo welding grinding sanding painting my old shit in melb
neofitou

Post by neofitou »

I know where a most of few of the gates are here, but when I went though last week it looks like there are new gates now due to the fires.
Will be good to see how much its changed.

I am going to try and come on this trip. The petrol station is now a 1/4 shipping container and a pump.