ADVENTURE TOUR 2010

Trip Planning and Trip Reports

Moderator: Committee

gwagensteve
Financial Member

Re: ADVENTURE TOUR 2010

Post by gwagensteve »

Probably a balance of both Jay- we'll have a frosty beverage or two before moving to the pub I imagine
michaelpiranha2000 wrote: The rear is in great condition. but has a broken crown wheel and pinon
Jonno

Post by Jonno »

Sorry about the late reply, I posted this yesterday but it doesnt seem to have worked.

For those going up tonight, I would suggest camping at Big Hill,

Its 10 mins away from Deans Marsh, bitumen road in and out, I called parks vic and they said it would be open for camping.

Just before the corner of Deans Marsh Lorne rd and mt Sabine rd if you are coming at it from the north

map can be found http://www.parkweb.vic.gov.au/resources05/05_1468.pdf

Second choice would be Hammonds which is dirt road in and out (prob 15 mins long) and about 30 mins from deans.
dank
Site Admin

Post by dank »

Harley and I are crashing at Winchelsea at the Barwon Hotel for the night. We are heading up tonight. Looks like its a short drive to deans marsh/old lorne rd intersection.

So are we meeting at the southern intersection of those two roads near where the forest starts? or at the northern end closer to the town?

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=deans+ ... CAgQ8gEwAA
jamhic

Post by jamhic »

Hey guys,

I'm James and will be joining you guys for the weekend. (im one of the Jonno friends). Was talking to Jayson just before and he asked me to let you guys know that the fuel avaliable in Gellibrand may not be the best. A couple years ago at Otway Antics many cars were having issues with fuel that they purchased in Gellibrand. Not sure who was planning on filling up there, but just wanted to make you all aware. See you all tomorrow.

Cheers

James

P.S: (Steve) I got the front locker in.
Greg

Post by Greg »

Cheers James... Thanks for the heads up. That said, no fuel is still better than no fuel ;)

I think most of us will be bringing jerry cans filled from the Colac area. Should be all good (fingers crossed).
Greg

Post by Greg »

Home and Hosed... another Tour has come and gone.

I won't write up the official report, since i wasn't there for the saturday to witness to steep climbs, lloyd's car snoozing, and harley painting the little country town green on the Saturday night.

I will however suggest that after this weekend, there could be grounds to have an annual trip down to the Otways area (like we have for the snow trip) to continue playing around and exploring some of the forests down there.

Stevie - hurry up with the report
Mick - comon mate - where are the pics?

Mitch and Dan - great to see your cars out on a trip. Seeing you both walking around with permanent grins for the whole weekend was definately a highlight for me.
dank
Site Admin

Post by dank »

Mock sent me a few pics last night for the mag but I can't spoil the mag by putting them in here yet...Couple of spy pics... :D

Seeing Noel drive out of that bottom pic had to be the highlight of the trip, Thanks to everyone for the awesome weekend, best bunch of people to go wheeling (and drinking) with in a great part of the state for wheelin'.
Greg

Post by Greg »

it's all about the t-shirts 8-)
andrew_wale

Post by andrew_wale »

Looks a bit slick (muddy).
I am sure there will plenty of stories to tell on Wednesday's meeting
greyghost
Financial Member

Post by greyghost »

andrew_wale wrote:Looks a bit slick (muddy).
only for those on road tires :D
pirate4x4 wrote:So much hate, you guys never heard of QUADRANGULATION!? This is thinking outside the box, so outside you can not even see the box anymore :)