Tyre Size - Grand Vitara

Anyone can post your questions or comments here.

Moderator: Committee

julesta

Tyre Size - Grand Vitara

Post by julesta »

Hi all,

My last post was asking the question - what is the biggest tyre size that I can get under my Grand Vitara without doing any major mods to it. Well I'm please to say that I now run 30" under it with no problem what's so ever. After a bit or research I found that a set of Hankook RT01 Dynamic MT 215/85/R16 fit perfect :D This has given me 2" lift right away and the suspension lift kit hasn’t gone in yet - this is due in about 3-4 weeks time so once that's in the GV will set for some fun that’s for sure.

That’s to those who sent me advise and guidance - safe driving out there :D
steve125
Financial Member

Re: Tyre Size - Grand Vitara

Post by steve125 »

Good to hear that you found some tyres that fit. You'll have to come along to the next meeting and show them off.

With the lift kit, which one are you getting?
julesta

Post by julesta »

Hi Steve, Ironman are doing my suspension. Just waiting for the kit to kit to be made as they've never done one for a 2008 GV so ill be the first one for them to get it. Shouldn't be too far off say around 3-4 weeks but I'm defiantly looking forward getting some ground clearance in it that's for sure
:D. What suspension do you have in yours?

When is the next meeting? Would love to bring the wife and kid along for the ride.
steve125
Financial Member

Post by steve125 »

Julesta, my GV still has its std suspension although an upgrade is a possibility. What sort of lift is Iron Man doing; is it a Rocky Road spacer type lift or are they making longer springs and shocks for you?

Meetings are held on the second Wednesday of each month (except January) at AMRA Hall, 92 Wills St, Glen Iris (Melway 59 H7) opposite Glen Iris Station. 8:00PM start.
julesta

Post by julesta »

Hi Steve, thanks for the info on the club meetings.

I believe Ironman are doing longer shocks and springs. As it's their first one for the current GV I’m not entirely sure but as soon as I get it I’ll send you a note.
dank
Site Admin

Post by dank »

Hey Julesta, let us all know how you go with the lift kit that Ironman is doing for you. I know a few others with Late model GVs who will be interested in the upgrade.