Marysville Meander/Newbies Trip Sunday April 6

Trip Planning and Trip Reports

Moderator: Committee

zookstir

Re: Marysville Meander/Newbies Trip Sunday April 6

Post by zookstir »

billbarbas wrote:If you have an axe or chaninsaw, please bring it along, I think we'll be chopping wood Sunday!
Yeah Bill, with what's transpired today we'll probably need a chainsaw....or six! :shock:
cj!

Post by cj! »

Dragchains might not be a bad idea either if people have them. With the reports I've heard it sounds like we will be encountering a few trees down. Let's hope progress isn't too slow. At least the weather doesn't look too bad for Sunday. They're saying fine and 21 at the moment.

Don't forget about daylight saving ending and changing your clocks/alarms Saturday night ;)
billbarbas

Post by billbarbas »

ive got dragchains, just got to remember to bring em. Remind me CJ to bring em. Was speaking to Joey, he asked that if people want to bring a bbq along for lunch they are more than welcome to do so.
Phantomzook

Post by Phantomzook »

I will bring along my round gas bbq I had on the Cheviot Tunnel trip to cook my snags.
So for those that get in quick there will be room for more.
:D
cj!

Post by cj! »

Thank you to Joey for running todays trip. The weather was great. We had a good turnout including a couple of old members Wayne & Christine along which was nice to see and some new faces and it sounds like we have picked up some new members. We had a real mix of vehicles and it was great to see the kids having fun. Not having to deal with dust was a nice change and in fact it was the muddiest trip I have been on for sometime. It was a little slow early on but that was understandable given the numbers and the need to allow for the filming for TV. On top of that the need for some snatching also slowed things a bit but as we progressed things picked up. Lunch was a relaxed affair and it got fairly warm when the sun came out. The after lunch drive was a nice climb and descent and we ended up at a lookout with a great view where we called it a day and aired up to head home.

My daughter just told me that the best thing about today was the bumpy ride in the mud :mrgreen:
Attachments
SANY0025.JPG
SANY0023.JPG
SANY0018.JPG
cj!

Post by cj! »

more pics
Attachments
SANY0032.JPG
SANY0031.JPG
SANY0029.JPG
cj!

Post by cj! »

and some more and even a little touch of Xmas.
Attachments
SANY0010.JPG
SANY0047.JPG
SANY0043.JPG
billbarbas

Post by billbarbas »

We had a ball, the kids and even the wife loved it! Thanks Joey, looking forward to the next one. Any more pics of that black thing flexing up at all CJ?
Thankyou also to Ian and Axle of Going 4wd. The Suzuki Child Minding facility has also been established, we are yet to work out the fees!!!!
Great to see all the kids having a play at lunch, and the big kids playing in some decent mud.

Regards,

Bill
andrew_wale

Post by andrew_wale »

Looks like everyone had a great day.
Pitty I was unable to make it.

O.H Well there will be a next time.
cj!

Post by cj! »

Here you go Bill and one of the Suzuki Club Child Minding facility and Wayne and Christine in the Jackaroo as well.
Attachments
SANY0033.JPG
SANY0034.JPG
SANY0022.JPG