1 March 2015 Neerim State Forest.

Trip Planning and Trip Reports

Moderator: Committee

luigi
Financial Member

Re: 1 March 2015 Neerim State Forest.

Post by luigi »

Hi fellas.
Thanks Josh. You will be very welcome. Louis will show you how good a GV can go.
Regards. Wayne.
postie

Post by postie »

Hi all would very much like to come and may bring another from work though he don't have a look but he should do better than most. Has shorty landy.
luigi
Financial Member

Post by luigi »

Hi Fellas.
Hi Postie Rob. You will be very welcome and your mate too. Love to have a land Rover come along with us.

The Nissan Car Club are running a night rally on some of our tracks on Sat 28 and early Sunday morning March 1. But they assure me the roads will be open again by mid morning. So it won't be a problem for us.

Also the main tracks we will be using have just been graded last week. But some big cars have been on them on the weekend when they were wet and tore them up a bit.
But overall they will probably be a little easier now. But still good fun.
Regards, Wayne.
christover1
Financial Member

Post by christover1 »

I should make it, too.
Finished all me spanner spinnings.
ZOOKS RULE DA BUSH
Mike57
Financial Member

Post by Mike57 »

Wayne

I just got around to asking about a leave pass for next Sunday (having just taken my wife for a weekend away at Beechworth for our wedding anniversary which I thought it was the perfect time to bring up the subject). Unfortunatly she reminded me that we are going to the theatre on Satursay night and staying in the city. It was my Christmas present to her. So that means I am out. Sorry.

Mike
2009 Manual Jimny
luigi
Financial Member

Post by luigi »

Hi Fellas.
Hi Mike. Sorry you can't make it. This area has lots of tracks, there will be other trips.
Thanks Chris, glad you can make it.
I drove some of the tracks again today. There has been heavy rain the last two weekends and light rain today. The tracks are now much harder than when they are dry.
The forecast for Noojee this week is reasonable until Saturday night and Sunday.
If the forecast is right, the tracks will be slippery on Sunday. If they are like they were today the trip will be more medium than easy.
I will wait till later in the week. I don't want to discourage anyone, but If it is wet I reckon only cars with mud tyres will be able to do it.
But I am often wrong :o
Regards, Wayne.
JnE

Post by JnE »

Thanks for the update Wayne. It sounds like we probably won't be able to tag along with our HTs. We will keep an eye on the weather and hopefully it dries up.

Worst case, would anyone have space for a couple of passengers? It would be great to see how the club operates even if we can't bring our own Suzuki along.
christover1
Financial Member

Post by christover1 »

I'll have spare seats, if you don't mind a fluffy, stinky dog.
ZOOKS RULE DA BUSH
luigi
Financial Member

Post by luigi »

Hi Fellas.
Thanks Chris.
There a several places where we will be making excursions off the main track down to the Latrobe river. They are one way tracks, so we come back to the main track.
Josh, if you don't mind parking your car at the top of these tracks and ride with Chris we will return to your car and you can follow to the next side track.
You should be able to drive at least one of these side tracks. We can carry on this way for the rest of the day.
The weather is looking a little better.
Regards, Wayne. 0419539264
luigi
Financial Member

Post by luigi »

Hi Fellas.
Christover. Vitara
Louis. GV
Marty. Vitara
Rob. Vitara
Robs' mate. Landrover
B.Zook. Sierra
Let me know if you can't make it.
The tracks are dry now, light rain overnight might make it a bit slippery, but at least it won't be dusty.
Hope to see you all at Neerim Sth. 9.00am.
Regards, Wayne. 0419539264