21-Sept-2014 - Cobaw - Medium

Trip Planning and Trip Reports

Moderator: Committee

lbzook
Financial Member

21-Sept-2014 - Cobaw - Medium

Post by lbzook »

Going to head out to Cobaw to have a look at some of the harder tracks in the area.
I'll be aiming to find a solid medium day of driving, but from all accounts, there are plenty of options for easy to hard lines, and could cater for a range of different levels of experience.
I'll go ahead and steal Wayne's meeting point of the main drag in Lancefield, at 9am.
Post up any interest below

Cheers
Leigh
luigi
Financial Member

Re: 21-Sept-2014 - Cobaw - Medium

Post by luigi »

Hi Fellas.
Hi Leigh. I would like to go. I won't be able to drive all the tracks, but it will be fun.
Regards, Wayne.
christover1
Financial Member

Post by christover1 »

I be interested, if I not away with some bikini clad maiden on an island beach somewhere
ZOOKS RULE DA BUSH
suzook82

Post by suzook82 »

I'll be in!

Anthony
Furry

Post by Furry »

I am interested too, what are the minimum requirements?
lbzook
Financial Member

Post by lbzook »

There are no minimum requirements as such, I'll be looking for medium difficulty tracks, but from other people's accounts there are plenty of chicken tracks and ways around harder stuff.
neofitou

Post by neofitou »

I'm in with my GF.

We are going to spend the day before looking at properties between Heathcote and Bendigo, then camp in Cowbaw.

Will you come in from Lancefield via 3 Chain Link (south side) or Bourke and Willis (north thought he middle)?
We will choose a campsite near the corner of ridge rd and whichever way your coming from so we don't have to go back into Lancefield in the morning.
lbzook
Financial Member

Post by lbzook »

Not sure which side we will head in, I've never been to the area before. Maybe Wayne can shed some light on which route might be better?
luigi
Financial Member

Post by luigi »

Hi Fellas.
Hi Neo.
The last time we went to Cobaw ( Chris's Mad Monday Camper Test Day) we entered from Croziers Rd. Which runs off Three Chain Rd about 10 Kms on the Kyneton side of lancefield. It is probably the best way in to the forest.
There are a number of unofficial camping , parking areas for motorbike unloading. But because there are no toilets they are a bit grubby and would not be my choice for camping. If you have a bit of time to look around you will find a better camping place in the bush.
The forest area is not very big and would not be a problem to arrange a meeting time on Ridge Rd.
Steve125 , Anthony , Chris, Louis, Bruce . Remember where we had lunch on my trip? I reckon that would be a good overnight camp. Anyone have the gps coordinates? It was on the top part of Mansfield track.
Regards, Wayne.
steve125
Financial Member

Post by steve125 »

Me too.

Neo, the campsite Wayne is referring to is about 500m or so from where the northern end of Mansfield Tk meets Ridge Rd . We should be coming in from the south, off Croziers, and we could meet you at the picnic/trailer parking area at the intersection of Ridge Rd and Devaney Rd.

Vlad, I believe this trip might be a bit on the hard side for a GV, last trip the Sierras were having trouble with ground clearance so a GV could struggle.

If anyone needs an address so their GPS can find the meeting point in Lancefield try 11 High St Lancefield, fuel is available at the Shell in the centre of town.