low revs engine missing

Anything related to 4WDs and 4WDing

Moderator: Committee

jonfromhamilton

low revs engine missing

Post by jonfromhamilton »

When I am at low revs and i put my foot down I expect the car to bog down but i don't expect it to missfire like it is.

this leads me to think that the air/fuel ratio is out as I am opening up the throttle all the way.
But the fuel pump is totally up to the job because it runs fine at high revs and that requires more fuel.

so that leads me to think it is a computer problem or am I way off?

efi g16b
gwagensteve
Financial Member

Re: low revs engine missing

Post by gwagensteve »

Pod filter maybe.

Steve.
michaelpiranha2000 wrote: The rear is in great condition. but has a broken crown wheel and pinon
jonfromhamilton

That is dry humour or plausible
I don't Know for sure
Matthew
Financial Member

Post by Matthew »

Have you checked to see if there are any error codes?
Mike57
Financial Member

Post by Mike57 »

In the old days this was probably a sign that the vacuum advance on the distributor is not working. I am not sure what the modern day equivalent of that would be. Probably a sensor somewhere.
2009 Manual Jimny
jonfromhamilton

The heck engine light isn't showing up
I wonder if the timing belt has jumped a tooth?
gwagensteve
Financial Member

Post by gwagensteve »

Pod filters can upset the transition from closed throttle to open throttle and cause the motor to stumble. I'd be very surprised if the timing belt has "skipped a tooth" - I think this is a bit of a myth- I don't think it's really possible without destroying the tensioner or belt- as in, it's not going to happen without all sorts of drama.

Steve.
michaelpiranha2000 wrote: The rear is in great condition. but has a broken crown wheel and pinon
jonfromhamilton

still missing on the way home a bit, i am going to try wrapping a rag over the pod filter to reduce the flow and see if that helps, then if it doesn't i am going to turn my thiking to the fuel system.
at 85kph at 2.5k revs in fifth gear if i put foot to the floor it was missing on the freeway
perhaps a hole in the fuel line or something... who knows :D
might fix the exhaust first then at least i can clearly isolate the sound of one part of my car falling to bits at a time.

line lock though thumbs up
gwagensteve
Financial Member

Post by gwagensteve »

Was it better though with the MAP hose unkinked? If so, there's a hint. Since you did walkers and it went screwy, have you had the intake hose off to look for dirt in the intake? Throttle body iac bypass might be dirty. The little fuffer valve on the MAP might be dirty. Pull the plugs and make sure everything is clean. Remember something has changed since walkers, so you have to find what it is.

Steve
jonfromhamilton

the fun is trying to guess when you play guess who

yeah, it is crappy timing when all my spare time is taken up wit hthis trailer, ie, i just got home from work and it's 9 30 lol

the problem is getting worse now but luckily during work hours i can take my car to bits because it's a quiet task.
i couldn't top 90kph without it kicking up a fuss about being put under load, unless i dropped down to 4th gear and then it shot past 100 :D fancy race car.