fuel pump

Anything related to 4WDs and 4WDing

Moderator: Committee

jonfromhamilton

fuel pump

Post by jonfromhamilton »

options for replacing fuel pump = ?

one option is to get a replacement from 4wd_products on ebay for $120, screw that though.

mine is leaking :S
gwagensteve
Financial Member

Re: fuel pump

Post by gwagensteve »

You're not going to want to hear this, but $120 is about as cheap as you're going to get.

My understanding is that the aftermarket pumps are rubbish, and that the only pump worth fitting is a genuine Suzuki pump. That came from someone who sold the aftermarket ones.

Steve.
michaelpiranha2000 wrote: The rear is in great condition. but has a broken crown wheel and pinon
jono165
Financial Member

Post by jono165 »

I have a spare genuine one I picked off a wreck to keep as a spare which might get you through until you G16B as a gamble. Message me if you need it.
mika
Financial Member

Post by mika »

gwagensteve wrote:You're not going to want to hear this, but $120 is about as cheap as you're going to get.

My understanding is that the aftermarket pumps are rubbish, and that the only pump worth fitting is a genuine Suzuki pump. That came from someone who sold the aftermarket ones.

Steve.
I bought an aftermarket one from suzistore i think, had several goes at it and my dad had a go too but we never managed to get the thing to fit on properly!
jonfromhamilton

Post by jonfromhamilton »

Sounds dire guys, direp
steve125
Financial Member

Post by steve125 »

Are you leaking fuel or oil?

If it's oil, just replace the gasket between the block and pump.

I've been running a suzistore pump for 2 years without a problem (not that my car gets driven that much). It did take 4 or 5 attempts to get it working though. The dowl that links the cam to the pump would slip over the top of the pump arm/lever if it wasn't put on just right.