Mt Dis Rec Trip - 18-Apr-2010 CANCELLED

Trip Planning and Trip Reports

Moderator: Committee

Greg

Mt Dis Rec Trip - 18-Apr-2010 CANCELLED

Post by Greg »

Tentitive Date for a Rec Trip into Mt Disappointment

Quick Brief About the Trip:
This area was heavily closed off back in 2007/08 so that DSE could cut a new fire break through the forest. Then in 2009, the forest was heavily affected by the bushfires....

I spoke to the local park ranger via telephone a few month ago who suggested that the roads would be open again for the 2009/10 summer season.

So - this would be my first trip back into the area since all of that had occurred. Everyone says that there is nothing there to drive, but people say the same thing about every location once the tracks that everyone knows about dissapear.

I would suggest that this is really just a pre-run trip. There will be lots of terrain to cover, and i'm sure lots of u-turns due to track closures.
Last edited by Greg on Wed 10 Mar, 2010 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
greyghost
Financial Member

Re: Mt Disappointment Rec Trip - 18-Apr-2010

Post by greyghost »

i'm in,
i thing i can remember the where to find "best twenty meters of track" as well :D
pirate4x4 wrote:So much hate, you guys never heard of QUADRANGULATION!? This is thinking outside the box, so outside you can not even see the box anymore :)
Greg

Re: Mt Dis Rec Trip - 18-Apr-2010 CANCELLED

Post by Greg »

Update

My readings about this area seem to indicate that nothing has been openned as yet since the fires...

We will reschedule (eventually) once we hear something a bit more positive about the park.
cj!

Re: Mt Dis Rec Trip - 18-Apr-2010 CANCELLED

Post by cj! »

It is my understanding that this area will not be opened until at least Cup weekend.