wt vs nt spring bushes

Anything related to 4WDs and 4WDing

Moderator: Committee

Matthew
Financial Member

wt vs nt spring bushes

Post by Matthew »

What is the difference between the rear spring large eye bush for wide tracks and narrow tracks?
I needed a bush kit for the rear spring large eye in a hurry, no one had rubber, so I had to order Nolathanes, I used the part number for the rubber bush to order the Nolathanes not realising that there are diferent w/t and n/t kits for Nolathane.

The kit I have fits n/t front and rear spring large eye, and w/t front springs large eye. A different kit is listed for w/t rear large, the listed kit has a solid bush for each spring, not a pair.

Can anyone imagine why the bush and crush tube I have would not fit, visibly it looks like it will, and I know that ARB lists the same kit for front and rear.

Matthew
gwagensteve
Financial Member

Re: wt vs nt spring bushes

Post by gwagensteve »

I am not aware of any differences at all in the bushes required.

However, I recall that some stock Suzuki springs have the large eye spring bush vulcanised in on the rear springs and I am unsure if this is the case for all suzuki springs. Maybe the difference is kit number is just the provision of the steel sleeve or not depending on whether the sleeve was vulcansised in place or not.

Hope someone can shed more light on this than me.

Steve.
michaelpiranha2000 wrote: The rear is in great condition. but has a broken crown wheel and pinon
Matthew
Financial Member

Post by Matthew »

Thanks Steve.

I don't think the bushes in my stock springs were vulcanised in place, all came out easily except one that is seized in, although after some searching it looks like 85-96 1.3l's have the factory vulcanised rear, but 1l's didn't.

The rear large spring eye of my old and new springs is 40mm and the large eye on my old fronts measured 41mm (maybe stretched with age).
The bush only measured 39mm :o so these wouldn't fit anything.

Looks like I'm waiting till Tuesday or Wednesday to get some rubber bushes and new crush tubes.

Matthew
Matthew
Financial Member

Post by Matthew »

I returned the nolathane bushes and am ordering a kit from Sydney, $37+ $8 postage for a full set of rubber bushes and crush tubes. I will check that I don't need any outer steel sleeve before I order them.

Thanks
Matthew
Matthew
Financial Member

Post by Matthew »

Got my bushes today, haven't fitted them but they seem good, especially for the price.
If anyone else is after rubber bushes contact Podge from Outerlimits.