July 20th gembrook - Parks Vic Day

Trip Planning and Trip Reports

Moderator: Committee

sierrajim

July 20th gembrook - Parks Vic Day

Post by sierrajim »

As some of you will know i've been working for sometime toward getting a range of activities arranged with Parks Victoria. Well here's the first of (hopefully many to come)

OK, we need 3 cars with two people in each car to help us assist Parks VIC in placing signage in Gembrook/Bunyip.

Meeting 9AM sharp, call me on 0419 107 899 to register. Please be sure that if you register YOU ARE COMING, much like Ross's tech nights if you say you're coming please be sure that you do.

We will be assisting Parks install signs in the Genbrook/Bunyip area and removong rubbish along the way.

It would be very helpful if each car had:
Shovel
Crow bar
Water drum for cement
Cordless drill
Gloves for each person
Couple of rubbish bags

gwagensteve
Financial Member

Re: July 20th gembrook - Parks Vic Day

Post by gwagensteve »

Sorry Jim, I'm unable to make it - Mum's birthday and we're going out for lunch. Would have been there or sure.

We're not installing "track closed" signs are we :lol: :lol: Ooooooo I crack me up.....

Steve.
michaelpiranha2000 wrote: The rear is in great condition. but has a broken crown wheel and pinon
mightymouse
Location: Beginning to wish I didn't have to get under the Feroza.....

Post by mightymouse »

Damm... its the day after the Paddies Swap Trip and I promised the parents I'd be staying the night and Sunday ( they live in Geelong ).

However James has made real headway with Parks, and its very important that as a club we are seen to be proactive and working to protect the environment ( of which our tracks are the interesting part ;) ).

As I said in my "report" on the Associations meeting, I was surprised by how many "good things" are beginning to come on the horizon and I see activities like this as an important investment in keeping our tracks open. Here's a chance to do something instead of just watch track closures....

So if you can help then PLEASE put your name down.
andrew_wale

Post by andrew_wale »

Bummer.

This weekend is out for me.
One of my clients is doing a major computer system upgrade that weekend.
Sorry can not attend this one.
sierrajim

Post by sierrajim »

Thanks guys, short notice - i was trying to get it set up for the weekend after Cup Weekend, they said "how about the 20th", "but it's a Thursday" i reply. He then says no, "I'm talking about Sunday week". Who am i to complain.

Please guys, we need some additional help, if we don't have any from the Zook Club i'll need to go looking elsewhere.

Would be good to have some representation.
cj!

Post by cj! »

Unfortunately I also have a prior committment but this is VERY IMPORTANT for the future. I know it is short notice but please if you are able put your hand up then do so if possible. Think of it as a public service as well as an excuse to go 4wding if the other half complains.
Matthew
Financial Member

Post by Matthew »

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it this weekend either.
I would have loved to have done this, sounds like a fun day, plus I need to do all the networking I can.

Matthew
sierrajim

Post by sierrajim »

Whilst i do understand that this is shortish notice, i do not understand how out of a Club of 40 people there has only been one phone call with an "I'll let you know tomorrow".

There seem to be LOTS of people who say they want to try and keep tracks open, seemingly not many who are prepared to do anything about it.

I do note that there have been some that have prior arrangements, Steve, CJ, Ross, Andrew, Bill etc. WE NEED BODIES.
andrew_wale

Post by andrew_wale »

sierrajim wrote:I do note that there have been some that have prior arrangements, Steve, CJ, Ross, Andrew, Bill etc. WE NEED BODIES.

If I was not working, I would definitely be there..
Phantomzook

Post by Phantomzook »

Apologies Jim I have volunteered my services as the runner for my son’s football team for the remainder of the season, next five Sunday’s and counting. :roll: Let’s hope the snow season is a long one.
Would be available Saturdays with some notice. Basketball is less demanding.
Daryl