Saturday 24th May Toolangi

Trip Planning and Trip Reports

Moderator: Committee

mightymouse
Location: Beginning to wish I didn't have to get under the Feroza.....

Re: Saturday 24th May Toolangi

Post by mightymouse »

Perhaps those of us who are "nervous" can wait at Glenburn track.....
Phantomzook

Post by Phantomzook »

It's still on then
Will meet at 830 at roadhouse and 840 at the Glenburn end of Glenburn Track.
We need some updated photos for the shrine at Suziworld so bring along a camera.
To save any confusion please have your UHF on ch 26 and switched on while you wait
Thanks.
gwagensteve
Financial Member

Post by gwagensteve »

If you want the tracks to be wet just send me along first - you'll have nice slick tracks after I've been through...

(I have a small water pump leak atm.... but it's all good) Ahh, the beauty of wheeling 5 minutes from home!

Steve.
michaelpiranha2000 wrote: The rear is in great condition. but has a broken crown wheel and pinon
andrew_wale

Post by andrew_wale »

How did the trip go?

Any trip reports
robsjimny
Financial Member

Post by robsjimny »

Was a great day. Very wet in places.A few place for the boys with swampers and lockers to play. Will have to go there again soon. Good to see Ross out and about too. Great effort by Steve / Mr leaky. Thanks to all that came. Hopefully Martin will post some pics.

Rob
mightymouse

Post by mightymouse »

A very good day, very slippery in spots ( as Rob said - those with Swampers had an edge ) and a few areas where steering seemed to be non existent.

Drove a few tracks that were new to me - Toolangi can still be fun when its wet :D
Defiantly have to go back soon - now that we know whats worth driving its a fun filled day.

Steve certainly takes the concept of "marking corners" very seriously - all I had to do was follow the trail of coolant - water from the HedgePig ;)

Thanks Daryl - enjoyed every minute of it ( well sliding sideways into a rain-gutter - perhaps not so much.... ).
billbarbas

Post by billbarbas »

What tracks did you do and what condition were they in? Notice many unreg trail bikes?
Anything that needs to be reported to DSE office?
robsjimny
Financial Member

Post by robsjimny »

billbarbas wrote:What tracks did you do and what condition were they in? Notice many unreg trail bikes?
Anything that needs to be reported to DSE office?

Daryl will know the track names. In the dry most are would be easy. In the wet very hard. I thought there was more cars than bikes. What I was it was even req reg/ full and no rego. THere was a tree down at the start of a track DSE could do something about. Also there was a car rally taking place at night 5ish. Was no notices at all. During the day they just started marking / taping off roads.
mightymouse

Post by mightymouse »

Sort of made it interesting, went for a look up a no name track ( hereafter to be known as "WTF Track" ) drove for about 2 minutes, found a tree down that wasn't going to be cut or moved, turned around and headed back to find the entrance taped off.

No sign, note etc etc. Wasn't a bad spot for lunch but what choice did we have - we eventually had to drive on the road ! Would have been interesting to meet a rally car coming around a corner flat stick , probably would have ruined both our days.......
Phantomzook

Post by Phantomzook »

Was not the wisest decision of mine to drive on the coldest May morning in 27 years without proper doors. A hot chocolate at the roadhouse helped to thaw me out.
Had six cars in total with a extra patrol (Scott) we picked up on blowhard.
Bill, we got some pics of the closed Sam’s hut track at both ends.
Glenburn would rate at least medium with more by passes having popped up.
Cockpit Blowhard Downies Spur are all easy in dry and hard when wet. Aeroplane was easy even in the wet.
Rocky would rate hard up the middle.
We also found an unnamed track off marginal that would rate hard with by passes easy/medium.
Rob managed to have a MOMENT on this one. :o
No real carnage to report.
Scott our tag along took some footage of our groups blowhard attack.
Hopefully he will contact me soon and pass on a copy.
Thanks everyone for another great day.