Hard trip - 26-28 May, Jamieson

Trip Planning and Trip Reports

Moderator: Committee

Jonno

Hard trip - 26-28 May, Jamieson

Post by Jonno »

Planning a late notice hard high country trip starting and finishing in Jamieson on the 26-28 May. Squeezing in before track closures.

Plan is to meet in Jamieson on the Friday night - camp at the Doctors Creek reserve free camp site. Arrive any time (trailers and 2wd tow car is ok)

Day 1: Head off Saturday morning, drive up the Jamieson/Licola Rd to Mt Sunday Rd, drive up that to the Barkly River Jeep track and then to the summit of Mt Skene. Camp at one of the huts nearby (likely to be vacant)

Day 2: Early start, drive N15 down to the black river, if we can cross it we will (may be deep) if not, we will head back up and home via the Jamieson rd.
If we can cross we will come down champion spur and either down to the woods point road, or back up to the Jamieson rd.
Head home Sunday night.

Will need to be self sufficient and prepared. Winch recommended, tyres, lockers etc also recommended, may be snow on tracks (there is right now)

Give me a call or PM if you are unsure. Option to extend to Monday if there is interest.

Cheers
Cohengoo
Site Admin

Re: Hard trip - 26-28 May, Jamieson

Post by Cohengoo »

I'm very keen on this awesome idea jonno!
this is a trip I have been wanting to do this for a long time, my attendance is 100% dependant on if I get on top of my vehicle maintenance so I better start now.
joshyboy26v2.0

Post by joshyboy26v2.0 »

Really solid maybe
RubiconP

Post by RubiconP »

Very interested but need to check with some people for arrangements. Will let you know ASAP.
RubiconP

Post by RubiconP »

All good for the trip. Arrangements all in place.
Cohengoo
Site Admin

Post by Cohengoo »

As much as I would like to come
my car isn't going to be ready only just getting to start ticking of my long maintenance list today.
Jonno

Post by Jonno »

Spoke to Cohen, Josh and Andrew

Not going to go ahead due to cars not being ready. Trip has been cancelled unfortunately. Will try again after track closures