Trip Planning and Trip Reports

Moderator: Committee

LCDave

Re: High Country Lite, easy camping

Post by LCDave »

Darcy wrote: Tue 28 Mar, 2023 9:58 pm
LCDave wrote: Sat 25 Mar, 2023 10:09 pm Hi Darcy
Have you got room for one more vehicle
1 question. Do you plan on camping sat night at sheepyards.?
Hi Dave , welcome, camping will be Lovicks Hut campground, slightly more sheltered than bluff hut but still at altitude however we will have fall back options .
If you want to stay at sheep yard flat or nearby Friday night please let me know so I can account for you.
Great thanks Darcy. I willl be camping Friday night somewhere at sheep yard.
AleXL7

Post by AleXL7 »

Hey Darcy, thanks for the info.
I'll be joining the trip solo & will be camping in Sheepyard Flats on Friday night, to take the edge of the trip there from Melbourne.

Hopefully I get to meet couple of the Suzuki members that'll also be there on Friday.

Weather forecast looking good too, the skies are clearing up, and min. temperature around -1 C, on Saturday night in Lovicks Hut.
2009 Grand Vitara 3.2, 29" ATs
Darcy

Post by Darcy »

AleXL7 wrote: Thu 30 Mar, 2023 12:15 pm Hey Darcy, thanks for the info.
I'll be joining the trip solo & will be camping in Sheepyard Flats on Friday night, to take the edge of the trip there from Melbourne.

Hopefully I get to meet couple of the Suzuki members that'll also be there on Friday.

Weather forecast looking good too, the skies are clearing up, and min. temperature around -1 C, on Saturday night in Lovicks Hut.
Thanks Alex , I think there will be a pretty big bunch at sheep yard Friday night , look out for grey challenger , black Mux , dented greyish sierra , and several others , see you there
Darcy

Post by Darcy »

Darcy wrote: Tue 24 Jan, 2023 11:51 pm Howqua Hills Historic Area , Hut Tour, Camping Trip (difficulty EASY) TRIP NOW FULL 20 cars
Weather Looking ok for the weekend !
Weekend in early April , 1/4/23 meeting at Merijig 0900am start
UHF channel 26
GPS -37.103493,146.26285
(still on the blacktop and within phone reception but with the option to pick up anybody who camped at sheep yard flat on the way through)
This will be approx 140km round trip from Merijig passing Sheep Yard Flat Campgrounds 30 km from Mansfield . No carrying fuel, yay
This trip will include steep rocky tracks, significant elevation changes, big high-country views and will climb the howqua valley to The Bluff opposite Mt Buller then Summit mount Lovick , cross through the 16 mile creek and the howqua river and visit at least half a dozen high country huts including the iconic Lovicks Hut, Frys hut, Bluff Hut, Upper Jameson hut and Craigs hut.
There are track closures in the area however they will not effect our planned route, we will watch reports.
This is a light touring trip that is appropriate for unmodified 4x4 vehicles and should be manageable with simple camping gear without a need for carrying extra fuel. A perfect trip for a club permit sierra or a factory fresh Jimny or just about anything with Low Range

Trip Participants
Darcy + Dan- seX90
Richard+ cohen - Sierra
Rich P + Bronte P - sexy New Jimny
Willy P + Rosie - Jimny
Dougie - ute
Phil + 2 - Jimny
Chris +1- Sierra (sheep yard flat)
Cohen + Charlotte , swampy (has issues)
Shaun +1 mux ( sheep yard flat )
Damo / captain diplomacy , challenged (sheep yard flat)
AB rubiconP jb74 ,
Brad , Jimny
Ookie the zuke ? Red zook
Jaqui B. New Jimny +tent (not attending )
Alex 09 GV (sheep yard flat)
Jodie +1 Prado (sheep yard flat )
Bruce +1 2011 GV 2.4
Lcdave
DAVID VO
TahnV
Ookie the zuke

Post by Ookie the zuke »

I will also be staying at sheep yard flat tonight. I look forward to meeting some people there.
Cheers Callum
Haydoz

Post by Haydoz »

Take lots of pics!
We should make an album on the Facebook page for everyone to upload to or something.

Have a good trip, all.
2010 GV 3.2L
RubiconP

Post by RubiconP »

Hi Darcy, I am RubiconP otherwise known as Andrew Bottomley AKA AB. 0425 866 641. I'll see you at Merrijig tomorrow morning.
Darcy

Post by Darcy »

Call out to anybody who has not yet left home, please bring a chainsaw just in case
Darcy

Post by Darcy »

RubiconP wrote: Fri 31 Mar, 2023 9:07 pm Hi Darcy, I am RubiconP otherwise known as Andrew Bottomley AKA AB. 0425 866 641. I'll see you at Merrijig tomorrow morning.
Thanks AB , see you tomorrow
Darcy

Post by Darcy »

Hi all, leaving Merijig at 0930 we will be on ch26 and will proceed to sheep yard flat