Vic 4wd Show - Feb 19th *UN CANCELLED*

Trip Planning and Trip Reports

Moderator: Committee

Jonno

Vic 4wd Show - Feb 19th *UN CANCELLED*

Post by Jonno »

The club has registered to exhibit at the Vic 4wd show once again! And we need your help!!

Event details:
19th February 2023
9am - 4pm (exhibiting vehicles to be on site before 8am)
Lardener Park, Drouin
$18 per adult, children under 16 free
free parking
BYO chair

The 4wd show is a great event with lots of exhibitors selling and demonstrating their products as well as live demos of recovery and an adventure circuit you can jump in a 4wd and experience

In terms of the club involvement, we will have a stand with a large tent and vehicles and info on display, if anyone can spare 2+ hrs to man the stand on the day, that will help things run smoother and hopefully recruit some new members.

Looking for volunteers for the following jobs: (you may take on multiple jobs)
  • Job 1: Drinks - organise a large esky with ice, fill it with soft drinks and water, bring it to the event, submit your receipt to Greg for reimbursement
  • Job 2: Tent - Bring, erect, secure and remove a large easy up, with assistance from those on site (Neo?)
  • Job 3: Signs - Find, bring, erect and remove Suzuki club signage. Does anyone know if we need a new sign?
  • Job 4: Photo Boards - Dig out and bring the photo boards, set them up and pack them away. They may need some updating which would involve printing out some new photos and attaching them to the boards. Suggest bringing some star pickets to attach them to?
  • Job 5: Pamphlets - Create and print a pamphlet with the suzuki club info on it as well as some upcoming trips. There is a template somewhere that I think Neo has. Requires a trip down to officeworks to print them out, half page size is plenty. Maybe 100-200 copies?
  • Job 6: Stuff table - Bring a trestle table, and organise some cool/interesting stuff to display - suzuki parts, 3D printed things, broken things, whatever you think would be cool!
Anyone who takes on a job or exhibits their car, gets a free ticket to the event

Would the following people be interested in exhibiting their car? Must be on site before 8am to 4pm
Phil - Vitara
Damo - new Jimny
Darcy - Stockish Sierra
Jonno - Modified Sierra
Will - Carry (depending on space on the day)
CuzzTec

Re: Vic 4wd Show - Feb 19th

Post by CuzzTec »

No worries with velma, but I'm not re-shelling till post tour so it will still be bent. Just want to make sure that's an image the club is happy to have out there
Jonno

Post by Jonno »

Good question Phil, probably one for the committee/president to advise? Luke?
porter.8.luke

Post by porter.8.luke »

I can see what you are saying.
I agree that promoting that level of untidiness is not what we are looking for at the 4wd show.
However with some good car placement on the stand I think we can show all sides of the club. Presenting a polished photo opportunity/appearance to those that walk past and still have something for those that know what they are looking at is not a bad thing.
Thought's?
Luke
CuzzTec

Post by CuzzTec »

It could actually represent the fact we do wheel hard.
Im down.
Park velma flexed up and jonno drive up my back wheel?
Greg

Post by Greg »

We need to measure the guards on the Carry... could be a big tyre + bump stop opportunity.

Is it 5 on 5.5? Or something smaller?
Jonno

Post by Jonno »

Looks like we haven't had any interest in helping out with this event and unfortunately it wont run itself. So with it being 1 month away, there is no choice but to cancel
Darcy

Re: Vic 4wd Show - Feb 19th *CANCELLED*

Post by Darcy »

Sorry to hear that we have had to bail, probably down to nature of organising this on an old-school forum , nobody looks.
I am available to do any task if we decide to un-cancel
Thanks
Darc
luigi
Financial Member

Post by luigi »

Hi Fellas.
Hi Jonno. I will be able to help in some way also....if un cancelled. But can only be there Sunday, from early. I can pickup stuff from the Feb meeting and deliver to the site.
Regards. Wayne.
Jonno

Post by Jonno »

Hi All,

I spoke to Luke and he has decided to take over organising of this one so I believe it is now un cancelled and will be going ahead.

Luke can you provide any relevant updates? Any assistance still required?