Avoca now, was Neerim.....

Trip Planning and Trip Reports

Moderator: Committee

billbarbas

Re: Avoca now, was Neerim.....

Post by billbarbas »

My son is coming with me, so ill be towing the suzi
mightymouse
Location: Beginning to wish I didn't have to get under the Feroza.....

Post by mightymouse »

I desperately hope thats not a prediction for the whole day.

The thing that really pisses me off, is that even with the zook in tow you will still be faster than me :x
mightymouse

Post by mightymouse »

Well, we came - we saw and we locked the hubs,,,,,, 8 cars ( Deb & Belly in separate cars ! )

Didn't live up to my promise, we didn't make it to the Waterfall air down point without getting lost...... He He people though that I knew where I was going !

All in all an interesting day I think, didn't do many Km's as we had more than out share of mechanical, electrical, fuel and lubrication problems.

Old Bluff track is the same ( or a little harder perhaps ) at the first step. Points go to Daryl who was the only one persistent enough ( a lot of hate happening :twisted: ) to get up it, but the Sierras not quite the same now....... and wont be for some time.

Slate Quarry has now been defeated, the old record of three cars up the main track before a breakage is history and everybody got to the top even if there's now a bypass :oops: ( 5 up - 3 around :D ).

Called it quits a bit earlier than normal as by then we were carrying a few " match injuries " and decided a few repairs and purchases needed to be made back in Avoca before a slow trip home for some.

Thanks to everyone who came, I certainly had some fun, and have provide others with a few workshop hours to remember it by.
billbarbas

Post by billbarbas »

Great day Ross, we will now need to run a pre trip maintenance day workshop I think.

HOW GOOD WAS THE JEEP!
mightymouse

Post by mightymouse »

Ah Yes - Sierra maintenance....... was it just coincidence that of the three Sierra's all had.............issues ?

And yes, the Jeep didn't disgrace itself - in fact if it wasn't for the owners fear of dinting it ( completely understandable BTW ) it would be interesting to see just what its capable of.
Phantomzook

Post by Phantomzook »

Thanks Ross for a great day.
Once again I think I bite off a little more than I could chew. Thanks to those who stacked and held me down. :oops:
Sierra limped back with 3 major oils leaks and one decent dint. :(
Engine rear main gearbox rear and transfer case rear seals all spat it.
Luckily they were kind enough to let go from the trans case to engine otherwise I may have missed something with the rear main eventually coating everything underneath.
mightymouse

Post by mightymouse »

I forgot about the stacking and pulling.... you certainly keep the spectators involved either as spotters / ballast / pullers / photographers or tool-passers.
Belly

Post by Belly »

yes, was a great day again, thanks guys... Deb did very well, I thought I would be walking up and down hills all day driving her car up but the new gears are excellent (thanks cj) and allowed her to take it easy up everything.
The sierra survived albeit with a growing list of things that need to be done... still not bad for a standard old car... only way to test it out is in real time situations though..... only sad part was when my son prefered to travel around in the comfort of the Jeep over the sierra... kids are spoilt these days!
Thanks again see you next week?
Belly
billbarbas

Post by billbarbas »

Mate, you've got to be proud of Deb, is this the first partner combination in our club to drive in seperate vehicles?