nt to wt advise

Anything related to 4WDs and 4WDing

Moderator: Committee

jonfromhamilton

nt to wt advise

Post by jonfromhamilton »

Hey guys, over xmas im going to move the spring perches on my wt diffs so i can put them under my nt lwb.
Im looking for technical afvise and tips in regards to where to measure under the car to get the spring spacing. Tips on welding so as not to warp the axel housings
Can i use the u-bolts from my nt diffs on my wt diffs
Etc.
jono165
Financial Member

Re: nt to wt advise

Post by jono165 »

This is probably the most comprehensive guide
http://auszookers.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... ilit=perch

You'll want to swap the end of the yoke on the driveshaft to WT so that can bolt it to the WT diff flange rather than swapping on the NT pinion flange to the WT diff as I don't think you have solid spacers do you?

I think the drivers side front U bolts may be different but someone else may confirm.
gwagensteve
Financial Member

Post by gwagensteve »

Yes, driver's side NT U bolts and plates are different. Others are all the same.

You can measure the inside edges spring/spring to set the spring pad position, but I'd make a simple jig myself because you also want to get caster right.
michaelpiranha2000 wrote: The rear is in great condition. but has a broken crown wheel and pinon
jonfromhamilton

Post by jonfromhamilton »

Im going to put the wt flanges at the end of the nt drive shafts.
The uni joints r the same from nt to wt right?
If i put nt flanges on the diff centres wont i have to set the backlash in the diffs? I dont want to get that technical my capabilities r limited for now
gwagensteve
Financial Member

Post by gwagensteve »

Yes, unis are the same.
Yes, if you swapped pinion flanges you'd have to replace crush sleeves/go to solid spacers etc and set preload again - bit of a pain.

Steve.
michaelpiranha2000 wrote: The rear is in great condition. but has a broken crown wheel and pinon