Australia Day Weekend

Trip Planning and Trip Reports

Moderator: Committee

billbarbas

Re: Australia Day Weekend

Post by billbarbas »

Probably do a Saturday only also, i'll call you during the week Daryl
mightymouse
Location: Beginning to wish I didn't have to get under the Feroza.....

Post by mightymouse »

Rob or Bill... if either of you have a spare seat for the trip back to Melbourne Saturday could you let me know.

I have a visitor from QLD ( yep an interstate hatsu owner this time.... I'm importing supporters now.) who would like to do the Saturday with me ( poor silly fool ), but must get back to Melb Saturday night as he's leaving early Sunday morning

So if this is possible please let me know. :mrgreen:
robsjimny
Financial Member

Post by robsjimny »

Ross at thisstage I may be bring a co-driver (not the misses) Will know in a few days. If not of course I can be a taxi. Will bring video from last trip too. too big to email.

rob
mightymouse

Post by mightymouse »

Thanks rob - would be great, however really need to know by tomorrow night so Stu can get his plans together... Possible ?
Phantomzook

Post by Phantomzook »

830am start from Healesville Supermarket car park this Saturday.
Day drivers welcome.
Accomadation all confirmed.
See you there.
Daryl
robsjimny
Financial Member

Post by robsjimny »

Thanks Daryl see you there. Ross I can play taxi for you, I see a fine coming up for that.

Rob
mightymouse

Post by mightymouse »

That's great Rob - It will be worth every cent ......

Stuart ( BigStu from outers ) did me a favor awhile ago - completely without being asked, and now that he's down from Qld ( wifes at the tennis ) I was really hoping we could stop him going still crazy and show him some Victorian 4WDing. :D

But he has to leave Sunday so he just needs to get back to a suburban train station, I will pick him up etc....

I know he will enjoy it.
jtraf

Post by jtraf »

will be there for the day tomorrow.

Will have the Patrol and the family in tow.

c u in the morning
mightymouse

Post by mightymouse »

Six vehicles Saturday - started from Dom Dom Saddle and spent the morning doing loops as every option east had bogholes that didn't look inviting. Then onto Strickland Spur and guess what ? a really serious group of downed trees virtually at the top. A days chainsawing for half a dozen people at least. Thanks to Rob for running Stuart back to Melbourne on Saturday evening - don't know what sort of driving they do up north - but it must be tame.

A late lunch in Marysville then across to Woods Point via No1 Shortcut track and others.
Australia Day had Woods Point "jumping" and the $10 pub bbq tea didn't go down badly either.
Comfy beds and a good breakfast the next morning too.

Sunday saw some more loops south and east of Woods Point - we pyked on some rock steps and vehicle swallowing ruts but still had a good time with some steep climbs and shallow river crossings. Stopped at Jamesion Court House Hotel Sunday night - not bad but couldn't match Woods Point - although would have paid $30 just for the shower - a "little" bit dusty.

Shorter day Monday across to Mt Terrible and then down to the Big River area. Fun going down - would be challenging going up.....
Then towards Eildon via some easy tracks and finally Steep Track basically down to the boat harbor and then Eildon to air up and Fuel.

No breakages, dints etc, but i think Daryl had an interesting moment, that could have left stains,,,,,,

Thanks to all that came - a throughly enjoyable long weekend.
Phantomzook

Post by Phantomzook »

A few pics
Woods Point main street
Some puddle near Dom Dom
View of Eildon from steep track