19 - 21-Aug-2011 - Snow Trip *PLEASE CONFIRM ASAP*

Trip Planning and Trip Reports

Moderator: Committee

Greg

Re: 19 - 21-Aug-2011 - Snow Trip *PLEASE CONFIRM ASAP*

Post by Greg »

Saturday Travel Party has been booked!

Forms submitted etc.

I will follow up with 4wd Vic tomorrow to confirm we are all good and happy.

Lucky there are no go-karts on this trip, or it would quickly become the hardest trip to organise ever!
Greg

Post by Greg »

4wdvic followup completed.

Both forms received and to be submitted to Jamieson council/police shortly.

All good.
dank
Site Admin

Post by dank »

neofitou wrote:
dank wrote:
Neo there is a seat in my rig to jump in whenever you feel like mate.
Awsome.

Now the extra request.... For convienience, can I crash on your floor on Thursday night too? And can we stop off at Holiak's on the way to pick up my hire stuff??
Feel free to say no. I will make other arrangements and make my way to your place in the morning!
Neo, Harley and I are heading up on Thursday night hopefully not leaving too late. if you can organise yourself before hand that would be good, I think I will be leaving from either pakenham or Tynong so am hoping to get out of the city before afternoon peak hour to go and pack the car and get ready, so if possible, if you could be at my joint in ormond around 2-3pm latest that would be great. :mrgreen:

If not i'm sure we can rearrange the schedule a bit!
mika
Financial Member

Post by mika »

should we be caring some extra fuel (for a sierra)?
What percentage anti-freeze coolant to water should be enough to stop our coolant freezing overnight?
Greg

Post by Greg »

mika wrote:should we be caring some extra fuel (for a sierra)?
What percentage anti-freeze coolant to water should be enough to stop our coolant freezing overnight?
the most reliable spot for fuel is Mansfield (still 40 odd km from jamieson), so it's definately a clever move to bring a jerry if your car is thirsty. In previous years i have had a 10L jerry and found that sufficient.

anti-freeze wise - don't have a solid answer - but i thought you could just run some of those products at 100% right?
dank
Site Admin

Post by dank »

Greg wrote:
mika wrote:should we be caring some extra fuel (for a sierra)?
the most reliable spot for fuel is Mansfield (still 40 odd km from jamieson), so it's definately a clever move to bring a jerry if your car is thirsty. In previous years i have had a 10L jerry and found that sufficient.

anti-freeze wise - don't have a solid answer - but i thought you could just run some of those products at 100% right?
Coolant mixtures work best at the manufacturers specs. anywhere between 30-50% should be fine for snow conditions. Coolant is an additive, not an alternative to water.

the way the weather is looking it's going to be a boardies and thongs trip :D :?
neofitou

Post by neofitou »

dank wrote:
Neo, Harley and I are heading up on Thursday night hopefully not leaving too late. if you can organise yourself before hand that would be good, I think I will be leaving from either pakenham or Tynong so am hoping to get out of the city before afternoon peak hour to go and pack the car and get ready, so if possible, if you could be at my joint in ormond around 2-3pm latest that would be great. :mrgreen:

If not i'm sure we can rearrange the schedule a bit!
My flight gets in at 8pm. :(

Can anyone else offer me a place to crash and or a ride (that is near PT) that is going up Friday? (or really really late thursday).
If I can get a ride only I will stay in a hotel thursday. ..
No worries if there is no spare seats, I will just have to miss this trip.. :(
Jonno

Post by Jonno »

I have a spare seat leaving melb on friday afternoon if you cant get a ride on thurs.
mud_muncher

Post by mud_muncher »

Hi Neo,

I am sure someone will give you a lift, but If you cant find anything, let us know. I can leave my wrx somewhere and keys somewhere and you can drive that up to jamison either later on thursday or early on friday morning (before 10am). Just pay for fuel and if you crash it the $500 excess! We would wait for you, but driving two zooks up the mountain, with swampers on what looks like a wet road is not something that appeals to me at 11pm after working all day. :ugeek: Especially when some dude left beers at the pub for me to drink.
Greg

Post by Greg »

Update for Friday 12-Aug

Dank got me the list of members for 2010/11. I have forwarded this info onto FWDVic. I then spoke to them on the phone and confirmed that our late applicants (Rod and Chen) are still able to get on.

I have contacted Chen and asked him to lock in his accommodation for the weekend.

Note: if we have any changes from this point onwards, we are able to email FWDVic and the Police with any changes to the applicant list (i.e. late additions or cancellations) and then we can staple a copy of the email to the back of our permit. FWDVic and the police will print out the same form and emails at their end so that we are both up-to-date with the latest info.

I also asked FWDVic how many other clubs are going to be up there over that weekend - the answer is 7. So i expect Jamieson to be busy.

End of update.