Driver technique day - Bill's block - Sunday October 13th

Trip Planning and Trip Reports

Moderator: Committee

luigi
Financial Member

Re: Driver technique day - Bill's block - Sunday October 13t

Post by luigi »

Hi Fellas.
Got home ok. Wow, what a fun day. Once again learned a lot. Thanks Steve and Greg. Thanks Bill for letting us use his place. Thanks Greg, Kiwi, Jon, and Leigh for helping thru a difficult ( for me) track with minimal damage. :D
I have a lot of grouse video.( Help!, Chris)
Regards, Wayne.
Suzuki Suzuki.
Matthew
Financial Member

Post by Matthew »

Geez, looks like I missed out on the best trip of the year :x
lbzook
Financial Member

Post by lbzook »

gwagensteve wrote:I'll just point out that this was on the informal driving bit of the day, it wasn't part of the "technique" stuff we did.

*trying not to put anyone off* :D

Steve.
It was a good practical demonstration of the point a car unloads and lays down though! :lol:
christover1
Financial Member

Post by christover1 »

luigi wrote:Hi Fellas.
I have a lot of grouse video.( Help!, Chris)
Regards, Wayne.
Suzuki Suzuki.
Yep, no worries, home most of this week.
ZOOKS RULE DA BUSH
LouisGV11
Financial Member

Post by LouisGV11 »

Thanks heaps for today, learned a lot. Thank you to all who gave me pointers and now have to work out this traction control.
So much fun.
Louis.
Greg

Post by Greg »

Great day out Stevie.

Let's try to schedule the rain either before or after the driving next time though :)
gv2010
Financial Member

Post by gv2010 »

Thanks Steve and everyone who came. I rekon it is the best trip of the year.
gwagensteve
Financial Member

Post by gwagensteve »

I have the time now to do a little trip report. I don't really have any photos, but it would be nice if we could get some photos up on here of the tech stuff like the hand winching, ramp etc, rather just of cars on their side (cool as that is)

Thanks to everyone that came. We had a really good turnout, and a nice range of experience and vehicles. Everyone brought a really good attitude to the day and that made it work really well.

Thanks also to the more experienced members who helped out and added their own areas of expertise.

Having access to Bill's block really made this work well. It's definitely the way to do these sort of trips - far better than driving tracks.

We covered heaps of stuff - Safety and packing, jack use, recovery and winching, stall stops/key starts, Traction control, everyone ramped their cars on Bill's 20˚ ramp (Piggles and Jonno's car both made and RTI of 1000) and then quite a bit of driving of all standards.

Obviously, there is some pretty technical driving on the property too, which a few of us drove some of while we were there.

Unfortunately Bill wasn't on the property yesterday, but I'll give him a call today to thank him and see if we can get back there for a Christmas camping weekend.

Steve.
michaelpiranha2000 wrote: The rear is in great condition. but has a broken crown wheel and pinon
gwagensteve
Financial Member

Post by gwagensteve »

I just had a chat will Bill - he was away for the weekend unexpectedly. He would have liked to have met us and watch what we were up to for a while.

He was very touched that we left him a contribution for using the property, and was impressed that it looked like nobody had been there.

He's more than happy for us to come back and use the property. I don't imagine anyone is interested though :D

Check the member's area shortly for details of the Christmas Party.

Steve.
michaelpiranha2000 wrote: The rear is in great condition. but has a broken crown wheel and pinon
Richardnclark
Financial Member

Post by Richardnclark »

Hi Steve, My thanks also to you for setting up the day, enthusiastic presentation of a broad & interesting agenda, & valuable advice etc. Thanks also to Greg, Jon & Leigh for advice on the tracks - what a lot of fun in such a small area. I had a great day without any damage to the 'stockie' (apart from a fan belt).

Thanks guys for the company!

Should be an annual event on the calendar!

Got some pics (thru Chris)

Cheers Richard :D