Adventure Tour 2009

Trip Planning and Trip Reports

Moderator: Committee

Greg

Re: Adventure Tour 2009

Post by Greg »

Hi Team,

Appologies for having this trip be so disorganised.

I've just been speaking to Stevie today, and I think we are looking at:

Saturday 7 March
9am meet in Gisbourne
Drive to Noel's place to unload gear
Head into the Wombat State Forest
Dinner at Pub? or Pizza or similar?

Sunday 8 March
??am meet in Gisbourne
Back into Wombat again, or maybe to Cobaw or Tallarook
Dinner at Pub? or Pizza or similar?

Monday 9 March
??am meet in Gisbourne
Back into Wombat again, or maybe to Cobaw or Tallarook
Dinner at home - if your junk makes it back in time.

At this point i think there will be people camping at Noel's place in the Gisbourne area for Saturday and maybe Sunday nights.

As you can imagine - the final locations of the days will be dependant on the weather - but at least we have narrowed it down to a region.

Any questions - call Stevie or myself. We don't know anything, but always enjoy a chat.
gwagensteve
Financial Member

Post by gwagensteve »

I'm super organised.... I just bought a map!

Greg's pretty much all over it.

There's a fair bit to explore in Wombat. It won't/might not all be up to AT standard, but there's some moisture forecast for the whole period so it won't be dusty and might even be a bit greasy.

Give me a bell if you have any questions, but ATM it's going to be 9.00am at coles supermarket on the corner of robertson street and Gisborne/Kilmore Road.

We can get Lunch and stuff there before heading into the forest. Please have a tank of fuel though before you get to the car park for 9.00, there isn't any fuel between the coles and the forest.

There's spare seats, and additionally, the standard won't really be up to normal AT levels, so if you're keen for a drive and don't have the normal AT gear, give me call/PM me- you're more than welcome to come along for a drive.

If we run out of stuff to drive in Wombat, we might look at our options on the way home on Monday.

We've definitely got Michael, Greg and myself. Who else is in?

Cheers, Steve.
michaelpiranha2000 wrote: The rear is in great condition. but has a broken crown wheel and pinon
Matthew
Financial Member

Post by Matthew »

I'm not sure if i will be able to make it. My car was beat up by a patrol, it's not real bad, but enough for it to be cop bait.
Greg

Post by Greg »

Matthew wrote:I'm not sure if i will be able to make it. My car was beat up by a patrol, it's not real bad, but enough for it to be cop bait.
Sounds like the sort of car i would want to drive along next to as the decoy :mrgreen:
gwagensteve
Financial Member

Post by gwagensteve »

X eleventy :D

How bad? How could a car on 30's be cop bait? :D

Give me a call Matt - I don't have your number handy- we can discuss.

Steve.
michaelpiranha2000 wrote: The rear is in great condition. but has a broken crown wheel and pinon
Matthew
Financial Member

Post by Matthew »

It's not bad at all I'm probably just being paranoid, but the lack of rear indicator/break light could be bait, I tried to rig something up but couldn't do much, the wires are mashed behind the bar, I was going to cut the end of the bar off to get access but was told by the patrol driver not to touch anything because it's being covered by insurance.

It's pretty funny how it happened and the guy was lucky it hit my car and not the Jag parked in front me. A patrol was being test driven by a workshop and somehow it's rear left wheel came off and hit my car, it crushed the bumper like a coke can, tore the mounts and warped the tailgate. The patrol wasn't damaged but it's tyre was wrecked, and the weird part, the patrol was being driven by my ex mechanic.

I'll give you a call tomorrow Steve, I'm confident I will be able to get myself to Gisbourne.
Attachments
Image076_.jpg
Image076_.jpg (16.98 KiB) Viewed 1420 times
gwagensteve
Financial Member

Post by gwagensteve »

cool. Give me a bell.

Nice to know it's covered under insurance.

Steve.
Phantomzook

Post by Phantomzook »

Went out for a drive on Saturday. Definitely some worthy tracks to drive. :D Image

Matthew
Financial Member

Post by Matthew »

Thanks for letting me ride shotgun yesterday.
Had a good day, saw some decent tracks and some broken stuff.
Attachments
Hung up on a log
Hung up on a log
Tightening a wheel bearing
Tightening a wheel bearing
Broken main leaf
Broken main leaf
Matthew
Financial Member

Post by Matthew »

Some more