Re: Fryers Ranges.

Post by martin »

Hi Wayne I should b able to make this trip, video looks good, Marty
luigi
Financial Member

Post by luigi »

Hi Fellas.
Excellent, Marty, Chen, Louis, Chris. Need some more sierras or people will think its the Suzuki Vitara Club. Get to work Matt!
Regards. Wayne.
sierrajim

Post by sierrajim »

Hey Luigi,

Any chance of a rough map of where that other campsite is?

There's warburton Bridge camp on the Loddon which is nice, drove around a fair bit on Middletons Creek and couldn't find it.

Seems to be lots of rubbish around up that way ATM, will be arranging a 4WD Clean up day pretty soon. Please log some spots of rubbish while you run around if possible.
luigi
Financial Member

Post by luigi »

Hi Fellas.
Hi Sierra Jim. I don't have any hi tech stuff like GPS. If you find Green Gully Rd just near the Doxa camp, then take the first track on the right. In other words turn into Green Gully Rd from the Vaughn Springs Rd and take the first track on the right. Its only about 300 meters from the intersection, its in a gully.
The track will take you down to the crossing on Middletons Ck. That's where the camp ground is. The track then climbs the hill and joins onto Wewak track.
Sadly, you are right about the rubbish. I often have to clean up my favourite prospecting places.
Regards, Wayne.
sierrajim

Post by sierrajim »

I think I get you now.

Somewhere in the circle?

We did a couple of the tracks on the northern side of the river on Tuesday. A couple of overgrown campsites on dead end tracks.

luigi
Financial Member

Post by luigi »

Hi Fellas.
Hi Sierra Jim. Yeah, that's the track. It divides into two just before you descend to the creek. The track on the right is a dead end. The track on the left is the one you want. The camp area is on the other side of the creek. On the other side of the creek, the track again branches left and right. Take the left branch, it will bring you out on Wewak track.
Regards, Wayne.