mika
Financial Member

Re: Labertouche - Hard - Sat 11-Dec-2010

Post by mika »

i should be good to go for Saturday
Greg

Post by Greg »

dank wrote:... 9AM at Longwarry BP servo on highway....
dont forget that petrol cap this time dan ;)
dank
Site Admin

Post by dank »

that was callums fault! and far out i think he might be coming again on this trip! uh oh!
dank
Site Admin

Post by dank »

looks like it gonna be wet! bring your footy boots!
ajsr

Post by ajsr »

sorry Dan but I'm out.
All this rain has me miles behind and I need to finish some jobs before we go on holidays on the 22nd. next time I hope :cry:
mika
Financial Member

Post by mika »

I'm definately in, will be waiting at start of Robertson's
dank
Site Admin

Post by dank »

Ok starting line up looks like me, mika, neo and maybe steve in the hardtop should be a good day
neofitou

Post by neofitou »

Thanks for a great trip Dan,
Turned out to be a medium trip due to how dry it was, even with all the rain the last few days.
James with the 80 came along as a passenger, he now wants a Sierra.

I will put up a few shots later but I think steve got alot more.
I was sad the nobody got a shot of me going up the massive rock step and bouncing :)
dank
Site Admin

Post by dank »

Yeah was a good day out. I'm not sure that this area will provide a huge challenge for those rigs with BIG tyres in the club when it is dry. I guess it all depends on how creative we can get with the lines.

The big rock on robertsons creek track we all know can be driven on 0psi in the dry straight up the middle, Both myself and Neo drove the far left line on the rock yesterday, Neo with a bit of bouncing, wheel lifting and carrying on but got up fearlessly in one foul swoop. Bullock link provides everything from diff eating ruts, so i found out, a four way boghole which has some interesting lines, a good rock garden which has some straight forward lines and some crazy lines dependant on your frame of mind.

I think i will do some more exploring and possibly put in for some MVO access to some tracks further north like Phasmid, walkers and Woodalls which were all awesome tracks back in the day. i think Phasmid might only be a track closed in winter. There are also some logged areas that have some ridiculouly steep tracks running through them that might provide a bit of a challenge.

Either way, we did two tracks with 4 vehicles and it took us from 9am start through to about 2pm. With more vehicles this will be even slower.

Thanks to chris, steve and Neo for coming along, thoroughly enjoyed the day out. I think my EFI fuse blew just at the right time...you guys were going to let me winch right over that 1 metre drop off to certain wheels in the air action!
mika
Financial Member

Post by mika »

yeah, cool trip. Thanks Dan.
Hey, Harley kept insisting you were fine just before you blew a fuse, and you guys wonder why I don't trust ya's sometimes :D