HARD - Yarra State Forest - Sun 20-Sep-2009

Trip Planning and Trip Reports

Moderator: Committee

dank
Site Admin

Re: Yarra State Forest - Sun 20-Sep-2009

Post by dank »

You'd be surprised how capable your car is Brendan. It's good to stretch the legs every now and then. jason (built4thrashing) has been up and down Ellis easly in his zook in the last few weeks with 31" extremes, 1.3 swb with gears. He has been winching a few sections though. I reckon you should give it a go. I don't think this is a trip you should miss. It will be awesome.

Guys I am definitely in the "should be home fixing my junk" category so take me off the list. time to get my cooling system sorted. :mrgreen:
Jaffa

Post by Jaffa »

I am tempted Dan, but I had a bad experience on Ellis a few years ago in the exact same setup as I have now, except in a swb, a few of us couldn't make it to the top so turned around and drove back down, I lost my brakes (took 2 pumps to get any pressure) and managed to put the car on its side, with only 1 wheel touching the ground and the front guard jammed into the embankment stopping the car going completely over (forwards flip) and I recon if I went over once, I would have kept going. Managed to tear off the standard front bar (along with the UHF aerial) and had to self recover with a hand winch and snatch strap as a winch extension strap as the others were a fair way in front of me and didn't realise I was having issues.

Im now scared of Ellis :D

When its dryer I will give it another try, but not in the wet, yet.

Brendan
Greg

Post by Greg »

just so you both know - you'll be missing out on seeing stevie with the q78's SQUEEZED under his car...
Matthew
Financial Member

Post by Matthew »

Being another member who should be fixing their junk I'll give this one a miss too, but can I put my hand up for a seat on the Oct trip.
dank
Site Admin

Post by dank »

I'll pay that Jaffa :o
Phantomzook

Post by Phantomzook »

I'm in :)
Daryl
P.S I have a spare seat if your game :shock: ;)
mightymouse
Location: Beginning to wish I didn't have to get under the Feroza.....

Post by mightymouse »

Phantomzook wrote:I'm in :)
Daryl
Misery loves company...... ( i know from first hand experience, still i'm still alive so what doesn't kill you can only make you stronger ).
Greg

Post by Greg »

Phantomzook wrote:I'm in :)
Daryl
i think that means we have at least one spare seat then... excellent.

Daryl - please let me know if this changes, but otherwise i will let luke know that we have a spare seat, and still be covered if john (who i cannot contact) suddenly appears on the day.
cj!

Post by cj! »

Greg wrote:just so you both know - you'll be missing out on seeing stevie with the q78's SQUEEZED under his car...
They have certainly changed the look of Piggles. It's starting to look a little tough now but I think that the Recaro's are a soft touch ;)
Greg

Post by Greg »

Definates
Greg - with Spare seat just incase John turns up on the day
Stevie G - with Mitch
Lloyd - with Mrs Lloyd
Daryl - with Luke
Andrew (AJSR) - if his car is running - confirming saturday night (currently 95% likely)

Possibles
Johnno (Geelong fellow that Steve is in contact with)
Chris L - if he isn't helping a mate move house - unlikely starter for sunday

Shotgun Hopefuls looking for spare seats
John (new fellow with vitara) - still haven't heard from you - saving a seat just in case you turn up on the day

Team - the trip is booked solid for shotguns, but we can still take bookings if you are bringing a car.

I don't have internet at home (shocking i know), so please contact me on 0405 321 916 if you are planning to come along and haven't notified me already etc.