mt.skene

Trip Planning and Trip Reports

Moderator: Committee

billbarbas

mt.skene

Post by billbarbas »

Just had some mates come back from Skene. They reckon theres over a metre of snow ATM. To get to the top they dropped pressures down to 2psi and pushing fresh snow got to the top.
A defender without beadlocks running 37claws at 2 psi. The disco went to zero on Coopers.
Certainly gives us sierra owners something to think about. Drop those pressures!!!
billbarbas

Re: mt.skene

Post by billbarbas »

I was trying to make a point that the heavier cars should be running lower pressures. We have people in our club who are reluctant to run lower that 15 on a zook!
Last year on the snow trip Pat dropped my tires to 6, and they worked really well.
mightymouse
Location: Beginning to wish I didn't have to get under the Feroza.....

Post by mightymouse »

Been pondering tyre pressures lately ( @##$% - hate mud Coopers )....

Really need to weight the corners of the Feroza and see whether its possible to compensate for F/R weight differences.
Just looking at the tyre bag seems rear pressures could be quite a lot lower than the front.
cj!

Post by cj! »

I always drop the rears more than the fronts so that the contact patch is the same. In the snow my starting point is 8-10psi which seems to work well but I'd happily go lower if the need arose.
gwagensteve
Financial Member

Post by gwagensteve »

mightymouse wrote:Been pondering tyre pressures lately ( @##$% - hate mud Coopers )....

Really need to weight the corners of the Feroza and see whether its possible to compensate for F/R weight differences.
Just looking at the tyre bag seems rear pressures could be quite a lot lower than the front.
Definitely. Michael experimented with "air down by eye" last year on a wombat trip and that equalled 3.5-4.5 psi in the front and 2.5 psi in the rear.

Swampers loooove low pressures.

Steve.
michaelpiranha2000 wrote: The rear is in great condition. but has a broken crown wheel and pinon