Snatch or Tow strap for Sierra

Anything related to 4WDs and 4WDing

Moderator: Committee

luigi
Financial Member

Snatch or Tow strap for Sierra

Post by luigi »

Hi Fellas.
I have had a question about what snatch strap to get for a Sierra. As in what rating? 6000Kg?
Regards. Wayne.
gwagensteve
Financial Member

Re: Snatch or Tow strap for Sierra

Post by gwagensteve »

Yes if that’s all you can get. Drivetech(?) were offering an even lighter rope (4000kg, from memory) which I and a few other club members have.
michaelpiranha2000 wrote: The rear is in great condition. but has a broken crown wheel and pinon
luigi
Financial Member

Post by luigi »

Hi Fellas.
Thanks Steve. :)
Regards. Wayne.
Ookie the zuke

Post by Ookie the zuke »

George 4x4 and sabre offroad both make 5000kg snatch ropes suitable for a sierra or jimny, i belive super cheap auto also has a 5000kg snatch strap.
Cheers Callum
Theothergoodenboy

Post by Theothergoodenboy »

Say you were being towed out by a patrol or land cruiser do you need to allow a bigger strap?
Damo

Post by Damo »

Theothergoodenboy wrote: Tue 07 Mar, 2023 12:35 pm Say you were being towed out by a patrol or land cruiser do you need to allow a bigger strap?
I wouldn’t think so as the load is the same,but someone with more knowledge might have an insight on this
Ookie the zuke

Post by Ookie the zuke »

Theothergoodenboy wrote: Tue 07 Mar, 2023 12:35 pm Say you were being towed out by a patrol or land cruiser do you need to allow a bigger strap?
no, the snatch strap needs to be rated for the lightest vehicle in the recovery to allow for enough give. if the strap has too high of a rating it wont have enough give and you will lose the benefits of the kinetic rope creating more stress on both vehicles.
Cheers Callum