SJ30s

Anyone can post your questions or comments here.

Moderator: Committee

BZOOK

SJ30s

Post by BZOOK »

Don't ask me how I found this YouTube channel and yes it's all in Japanese so I have no idea what's going on. It has some great Japanese sierra/Jimny action through creek beds. Some amazing SJ30s and up. They all run 255/85r16 Dunlop grandtrek mt2s, the usual mix of different suspension etc. jimmy alloys, wheel spacers. Very capable little rigs. Fun to watch and listen to.

https://youtube.com/@GSKchannel
greyghost
Financial Member

Re: SJ30s

Post by greyghost »

FYI

they typically run wheel spacers and "wacky shackles" cause they have a safety inspection every two years.
by running these that can take them off and pass inspection, and still fit in the kei car "box" and thus keep their yellow plates.

this is a perfect example of having to fit within the rules, a bit like we have all tried at some point.
pirate4x4 wrote:So much hate, you guys never heard of QUADRANGULATION!? This is thinking outside the box, so outside you can not even see the box anymore :)
BZOOK

Post by BZOOK »

greyghost wrote: Wed 15 Feb, 2023 7:33 pm FYI

they typically run wheel spacers and "wacky shackles" cause they have a safety inspection every two years.
by running these that can take them off and pass inspection, and still fit in the kei car "box" and thus keep their yellow plates.

this is a perfect example of having to fit within the rules, a bit like we have all tried at some point.
I see. Interesting.
gwagensteve
Financial Member

Post by gwagensteve »

That hadn’t occurred to me Mitch. Good point. Also, very few people would have the space for a trailer and tow car so they need road reg.

There are stories of people building a new car every two years because they can’t get their mods through the Shaken.
michaelpiranha2000 wrote: The rear is in great condition. but has a broken crown wheel and pinon