Windscreen replacement - Jimny GLX

Anything related to 4WDs and 4WDing

Moderator: Committee

DavidPark

Windscreen replacement - Jimny GLX

Post by DavidPark »

Hi
My car is Jimny GLX auto.
Due to chipping at front windscreen, I replaced it at Obrein covered by AAMI insurance. But there were wistling sounds if speeding up 80km per hr. Due to this wistling sound, I have been to Obrien second times to fix the this wistling sound. They said they fixed this problem but the wistling sound still there over 80km/HR. Currently I tapes the upper part of the windscreen so no wistling sound yet.
AAMI will assess this problem soon but Obrein made some comment of difficulty in install of Jimny windscreen. Does the Jimny have the structural problem as Obrein staff comment?
I need your advice what I have to do to fix this wistling problem.
David
jonfromhamilton

Re: Windscreen replacement - Jimny GLX

Post by jonfromhamilton »

Read your policy it will probably say the insurance company has to warranty the repair work. Make them deal with it. If they don't take them to AFCA
DavidPark

Post by DavidPark »

Thanks
AAMI assessor arranged this to Obrien. They will have a look for the checking. I hope this time they can fix this problem. Otherwise it can be a structured problem due to wrong installation. It looks a few mm gap wider at the top line of the windscreen. :) :)
David
Mike57
Financial Member

Post by Mike57 »

Maybe ask that they fit a genuine screen rather than one of their copies.
2009 Manual Jimny
DavidPark

Post by DavidPark »

Hi

Finally today, I brought my Jimny to Obrien to fix the whistling sound after 2 months waiting. But Very disappointedly they said they can not fix the whistling sound at the windscreen so they have no choice but putting the foams in between the top and the windscreeen. This Obrien shop mentioned this windscreen is the genuine windscreen supplied from Suzuki.
I am going to call to the AAMI insurance to rearrange to the other service provider.
Do you have information who can do the proper job of replacing the windscreen of Jimny?

Best Regards,

David