Club Trips in the last year

Trip Planning and Trip Reports

Moderator: Committee

christover1
Financial Member

Re: Club Trips in the last year

Post by christover1 »

gwagensteve wrote: Actually, I think we have to do as much as possible of what we like doing - that will have its own momentum and will ensure the club's success.
Steve.
Exactly. %100 agree.
christover
ZOOKS RULE DA BUSH
robsjimny
Financial Member

Post by robsjimny »

Is the low numbers something to do with where the trips are being run. Example in north east we seem to get a good turn out. As I missed the last meeting was this spoken about. Looking at the posting on here half our member do not have internet. Short notice trip may equal low numbers too. No time to plan the time etc. May do a survey on where people live too and plan trips with a equal traveling distance. I think we should keep the membership fee the way it is. Maybe have a single trip fee for new members thoe. $10 or so, put ads on outerlimits etc. A new member is more likely to go to a trip than to a meeting. From Ross's post what trips do we want. There are not enough people adding their 2 cent worth. Shy or not let talk about things add some input. I don't know if anything I wrote here helps good or bad etc just ideals as we we to do something.

Rob
cj!

Post by cj! »

robsjimny wrote: Looking at the posting on here half our member do not have internet. Short notice trip may equal low numbers too. No time to plan the time etc.
Not quite but almost all have interent access as I email out the mag to them. A lot actually check in here and have a look around but never post.

Short notice trips are just that so it is understandable that the numbers can be low for these but these trips are generally being run anyway as it is something the Trip leader is doing and has offered it to the members if they are interested. It is always mentioned in the mag to keep an eye out for these trips here.
billbarbas

Post by billbarbas »

I have been asking the same questions myself over the duration of my Presidency. What do people want? We rarely told, but some people will be the first to complain. Thanks for the info Chris, we are more active than the majority of the clubs out there and far less informal. Try getting a trip off the ground within 24-48hours with another club. Wont happen.
Membership fees need to go up. Fees havent gone up in years yet inflation has. Still less than a full tank of fuel, even for a Sierra!!!!
If the club wants to do more trips, we need new trip leaders.

I NEVER EVEN RAN A TRIP AND I BECAME PRESIDENT !!!!

There is no easier club to get things to happen.
It is a real positive.