Cap Locker Diff Lock.

Anything related to 4WDs and 4WDing

Moderator: Committee

luigi
Financial Member

Cap Locker Diff Lock.

Post by luigi »

Hi Fellas.
Is anyone in the club using a Uneek 4wd Cap Locker?
I didn't know there was such a thing until Liegh told me about them last weekend.
They are about $250 cheaper than ARB and they make one for Sierras.
Are they for rear only?
Regards, Wayne.
christover1
Financial Member

Re: Cap Locker Diff Lock.

Post by christover1 »

I was supposed to be a test mule for the product, for the guy who owned the patent before Uneek took it over.
Designer decided not to make one to suit mine, so I never got to try it.
All testers were under contract not to talk about it, so I got no info from them, either.
Uneek are a good company.
ZOOKS RULE DA BUSH
gwagensteve
Financial Member

Post by gwagensteve »

I'm not aware of anyone currently running one. I have also heard of failures with the prototype units that were floating around, to the extent that some were sold on rather than re-installed. It's only advertised for the rear

The Suzuki CAP locker is the "partial replacement" type and isn't, I believe, recommended for large tyres/hard use. I guess what that constitutes is open to interpretation.

The front and rear diff centre is the same on the leaf sprung Sierra, but the side gears are different - 22 spline front and 26 spline rear. Most of us are running 26 spline front axles which means you use a rear diff/locker in the front.

26 spline front axles (generally referred to as "double toughs" which is the name of the first commonly available version, made by Trail Tough) come with much larger CV's and are effectively indestructible. However, the off-the-shelf axels are for the WT sierra only.

ADD engineering (Daren Barnard) can supply the large CV's with axles to suit narrow track sierras.

Personally I wouldn't lock the front of a Sierra without upgrading to 26 spline axles/large CV's.
michaelpiranha2000 wrote: The rear is in great condition. but has a broken crown wheel and pinon
luigi
Financial Member

Post by luigi »

Hi Fellas.
Thanks Steve, answered all my questions in one. :D
Regards, Wayne.