28-31-Aug-2014 - Snow Trip - All Standards

Trip Planning and Trip Reports

Moderator: Committee

Mike57
Financial Member

Re: 28-31-Aug-2014 - Snow Trip - All Standards

Post by Mike57 »

So that does lead me to ask who is co-ordinating this trip now. We need to organise the permit and also sort out who is in which convoy on each day.

I don't mind doing some work on this to help out but as Greg will not be taking part who is in charge at the moment? Are you still going to coordinate this one Greg?
2009 Manual Jimny
gwagensteve
Financial Member

Post by gwagensteve »

I'm out for this year. Far too much on at the moment, and I can't take the leave.

Have fun guys!

Steve.
michaelpiranha2000 wrote: The rear is in great condition. but has a broken crown wheel and pinon
Greg

Post by Greg »

Mike57 wrote:So that does lead me to ask who is co-ordinating this trip now. We need to organise the permit and also sort out who is in which convoy on each day.

I don't mind doing some work on this to help out but as Greg will not be taking part who is in charge at the moment? Are you still going to coordinate this one Greg?
Hi Mike,

How about you organise the permits and I will help out as required.

What we need first is the finalized (or close to it) list of attendees on each of the convoys. Once we have that, the application forms are all on the 4wdvic website.

It's all pretty easy to do. The hardest part is trying to herd our members into committing to a day.

Cheers,
Greg
Mike57
Financial Member

Post by Mike57 »

Greg, thanks for the clarification.

I have taken a quick look at all the responses and so far it looks like this:

Up on Friday 29 August
Luke
Neo
Matthew

Down on Friday 29 August
Matthew

Up on Saturday 30 August
Mike
Leigh

Down on Saturday 30 August
Mike
Luke
Leigh

Down on Sunday 31 August
Neo

So that means we can't make this work unless we get more people committing or we start to restrict this to simply a day trip up and back on the Saturday with no camping so that we can get enough cars in each convoy.

Jon I have assumed from the notes that you are now a passenger with Luke is that correct?

So can I have your opinions please:
Have I missed anyone?
Are there others interested in this trip who have not yet posted their name up?
If we just made it a day trip are the campers still interested or maybe restrict it to the Friday night camping only?

At this stage if Matthew or me pull out then we don't have enough cars to make this viable and as it stands it is not viable for Matthew or me to participate because we don't have enough cars in the convoy to allow it to happen. Unless we restrict the options or get a lot more interest this trip won't happen.
2009 Manual Jimny
jonfromhamilton

Post by jonfromhamilton »

I have no car anymore so I will passenger with anyone I can.
I reccomend restricting the days so we can guarantee at least one convoy.
If we have Matt wanting to climb and ascend oncfriday I don't think he will have the numbers to come back down and neo won't have the numbers to come down on Sunday.
I can't away the vote too much though I'm not even a building block in this plan
Mike57
Financial Member

Post by Mike57 »

Thanks Jon. It looks like the most obvious restriction that has any hope of working is for those that want to camp go up on the Friday and back on the Saturday. All day trippers can go up and back on the Saturday.

Can we have another show of hands (so to speak) for those that are camping and those that are day trippers on the above basis.

Thanks

Mike
2009 Manual Jimny
neofitou

Post by neofitou »

I'm happy to adjust dates and accommodation to whatever works.
Up on Friday down on Saturday seems logical. Whatever the majority wants to do for sleeping.
Matthew
Financial Member

Post by Matthew »

I'm fairly certain I'm out.

Looks like my car won't be ready :(
lbzook
Financial Member

Post by lbzook »

I'm still planning on doing a day trip on the Saturday, providing I can find some time to get my car sorted to a drivable state.
Jonno

Post by Jonno »

Hi all, I am in as well, I pmed Greg my details. I can do the sat but not sure about getting the Friday off. Might try depending how work is when I get back next week.