Wheels and tyres

Anything related to 4WDs and 4WDing

Moderator: Committee

Patty - JT GV

Wheels and tyres

Post by Patty - JT GV »

Hi All,

I am putting new tyres and wheels on my 2013 Grand Vitara. So far i have done a lot of reading and looking. I am decided on a set on 16x7 sunrasias with +20 offset. Tyres will be 225/75/16 BF Goodrich KM3 or KM 2.

Question, centre bore on the sunrasia's is 73.1 vs the 60.1 that the GV requires. Are the hub centric rings ok to use?

Also, any ideas around the offset if this will impact too much. I believe stock offset is +34MM but Would prefer to measure and ensure they will fit both inside guards and not touch callipers.

Note: i am also putting a lift kit in at the same time. likely ironman but open to suggestions.

Appreciate any help.
greyghost
Financial Member

Re: Wheels and tyres

Post by greyghost »

Suzukis are Lug-centric, no need for the rings
pirate4x4 wrote:So much hate, you guys never heard of QUADRANGULATION!? This is thinking outside the box, so outside you can not even see the box anymore :)
steve125
Financial Member

Post by steve125 »

I had a 2008 GV diesel, came with alloys but I got a spare set of genuine Suzuki 16" steel rims from the dealer and fitted 245/75 16s, this is the biggest tyre that will fit without rubbing. Not sure about 2013 but the earlier GVs had +45 offset, +20 should not cause any issues. I also had Ironman suspension, was OK but no where near 2" of lift, plus lift doesn't affect what tyres will fit, it's the width of the wheel well from front to back.

If you want to make the GV better off road, first thing would be tyres, then bash plate, tow bar, then lift. Tow bar is like a bull bar for the rear, it stops your rear bumper being ripped off.
Attachments
8 - 1.jpeg
Patty - JT GV

Post by Patty - JT GV »

Thanks for the info. I have ordered 16X7 rims with +20 offset. KM3' MT 225/75/16 tyres. I already have tow bar. If they fit and no rubbing i might just leave the lift kit for now and do in good time. Maybe some underbody protection in the meantime.

Fingers crossed!!
Patty - JT GV

Post by Patty - JT GV »

NEw wheels and tyres look and drive really well. Not much noise and they fitted perfectly. Look great too. Although I could manage without a lift, im keen to get a little more clearance. I have seen the coil spacers which are cheap option, but leaning towards full lift kit. Getting excited to get her dirty.