VSS help

Anything related to 4WDs and 4WDing

Moderator: Committee

Matthew
Financial Member

VSS help

Post by Matthew »

I think I've made a mistake with the VSS.

The GV has a three wire sensor with a BLU/BLK wire to the main relay, a BLU/YEL wire to the ECU and electronic speedo, and a BLK/YEL wire to signal ground and the obd port.

I had originally wired the VSS as for a Baleno, but if my memory is correct the reed switch is just switching an earth?

If I have interpreted the FSM correctly the ECU will be looking for a voltage signal of 8-14v However when tested as instructed by the FSM the results aren't what I expected.

With the VSS and DMM wired as per the FSM, with the +ve probe of the DMM to the BLU/YEL signal wire and the -ve probe to the -ve terminal I'm getting <1v and no audible continuity regardless of vss position. If I move the -ve probe to the +ve terminal I'm seeing 12.52v and continuity in four positions, except with reverse polarity.

My original plan was to just rewire the reed switch to one of the IGN tracks on the flex circuit, and hoped that it would be enough to tell the ecu the car is moving but now I'm not sure if this will work.

What am I missing? Will the reed switch work?