Sun 11-Dec-2022 - Warburton - Med-Hard

Trip Planning and Trip Reports

Moderator: Committee

luigi
Financial Member

Re: Sun 11-Dec-2022 - Warburton - Med-Hard

Post by luigi »

Hi Fellas.
I got home to Bendigo 9.30 pm. No problems, 450km for the day.
Thanks Greg for running this trip.
The Zook has a few more battle scars from this ........Med/Hard trip. :roll:
But I did have fun. :)
Fair dinkum...how tough are these little cars!
Regards. Wayne.
rmitchell
Site Admin

Post by rmitchell »

Home by 6:30 via the car wash. That granite silt sticks like concrete after a day in the sun.
Thank you Greg for a solid hardium in the stock engine and wheels category. The Spur put my car on uncomfortable angles and I know it a lot better.
Happy with the winch and lockers. Need to cut some ubolts down for clearance.
All in all a great day.
Greg

Post by Greg »

Thanks everyone for a great day out.

Heavily eroded tracks made for fun driving. It was definitely a case of the first car having the hardest time on the majority of obstacles.

The bottom section of ellis has been graded (just up to the big left swing around). Then the next few hundred metres is starting to look like rocky track with lots of exposed rock coming through.

We drove down ledge track - which now has even bigger ledges! Brittania Creek was underivable due to erosion.

And finally - I must apologise to Richard and Wayne.. I can see now how you ended up where you did. I forgot about another split in the tracks. We needed you to go right then right... or right then straight then right... but you guys went right then straight then straight... all good. we found each other soon enough. It does sound like Richard's GPS might still be 200m off though :)
rmitchell
Site Admin

Post by rmitchell »

GPS not as bad as the time I lead AT group through hicksville with kids riding dirt bikes sans helmet and shoes while mums cooked on various hotplates and the sound of gunshot ringing through the air as we looked for the menfolk and Jonno checked his britches for fear patties 🤣