The Swarm - not a Club event

Trip Planning and Trip Reports

Moderator: Committee

rmitchell
Site Admin

The Swarm - not a Club event

Post by rmitchell »

Hello
The Swarm is an event for all Jimny & Sierra owners of all generations.
We're looking to raise money for Wildlife Victoria and give the public a really fun day.

The event will take place on the 10th of December from 9:30am at 195 Colac Road Waurn Ponds (Parking lot by Autobarn, BCF & Petbarn):
The owners will able to meet representatives from various business like ARB, Ironman4x4, Torqit, ect and see the products up close.

At about 11:30am all the Jimnys will then convoy down the Great Ocean Road to Apollo Bay.
Lunch will then be held at Great Ocean Road Brewhouse who will be offering a deal of $25 for a meal and drink (Chicken Parmigiana, Fish & Chips or Vegetarian option (to be decided) + Pot of Beer, 150ml glass house wine/sparkling or Pot softdrink.)
There various prizes will be awarded as well.

Here's a link to the event - https://fb.me/e/1PhBSSwVP
We'd appreciate getting in on the socials sprooking your excitement about the event.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to contact me.

Best Regards

Tarzan
Damo

Re: The Swarm - not a Club event

Post by Damo »

A case of wishful thinking I reckon getting from the meeting point to Apollo bay in the timeframe
greyghost
Financial Member

Post by greyghost »

especially in a "glass" Jimny
pirate4x4 wrote:So much hate, you guys never heard of QUADRANGULATION!? This is thinking outside the box, so outside you can not even see the box anymore :)
Mike57
Financial Member

Post by Mike57 »

Well I have been to Mt Dare and Purni Bore and crossed the Great Central Road in mine and no glass was broken! (Did need to replace a wheel bearing but that was after a hammering on the worst outback road I have ever driven).
2009 Manual Jimny
greyghost
Financial Member

Post by greyghost »

Mike, if you have seen Damo drive, you'll understand that we are referring to the driveline as "glass", not the actual glass
last time he was out it was a rear drive-shaft and a front CV, all within 150m of each other.

and I too have broken tons of Jimny CVs, even did a rear ring and pinion and a CV at the same time in the same hole.
pirate4x4 wrote:So much hate, you guys never heard of QUADRANGULATION!? This is thinking outside the box, so outside you can not even see the box anymore :)
luigi
Financial Member

Post by luigi »

Hi Fellas.
Are we comparing Mikes' driving style to Damos'? :lol:
Regards. Wayne. :lol:
Damo

Post by Damo »

Is anyone planning on attending The Swarm
I’m keen to head to Waurn Ponds but won’t head down the GOR