APM Track

Trip Planning and Trip Reports

Moderator: Committee

jonfromhamilton

APM Track

Post by jonfromhamilton »

Hey Guys, this is a long shot but does anyone know of APM Track near Beenak and goes across the Bunyip River?
A friend and I were looking for possible campsites around there and that was a good spot because I can take my dog there and it has a water source but the track was largely overgrown, we didn't go down it (walking) but wanted to see if it was worth it if the river crossing is decent. doesnt really show up on google maps.
Cohengoo
Site Admin

Re: APM Track

Post by Cohengoo »

To the best of my knowledge all access tracks to the bunyip River are closed, the only one I am aware of that goes down to the river in that area is chancellor spur track.
The river is also much more like a creek up that High in the catchment.
Cohengoo
Site Admin

Post by Cohengoo »

Slightly more investigation APM track is the small connecting track on to Chancellor spur track from Bunyip road
jonfromhamilton

Post by jonfromhamilton »

we ended up walking chancellor spur track and I did walk down to one of the tributary streams that supposedly forms part of bunyip river but I think it was only flowing because it was raining.
We're planning on going back there next weekend to camp in one of the forester clearings but would have been cool to have a river to get dank water for our coffees from.
Seems all the good camping spots with a river close by are in national parks and that's not good for dogs