My details are correct :geek:
kel00

Re: Snow Trip 13th and 14th of August

Post by kel00 »

Correct details :D
suzi88

Post by suzi88 »

Thanks, you've got me on the right trip. super keen to get back on the snow!
Jonno

Post by Jonno »

Thanks everyone, I will be submitting the final permit next week, we are around 5 weeks away from the trip!

Between now and then, you need to:
1. Confirm that you have paid your club fees for the upcoming year, you must be a financial member to be eligible to join.
2. Double check your rego, model, full name and passenger name are correct, let me know if they arent and I will update.
3. Get yourself and your vehicle ready for the white gold!

No need to confirm again, if you are on the list and have paid your membership for this upcoming year, you are good to go!
AleXL7

Post by AleXL7 »

Hi Jonno,

I appreciate your reply.
Although I have the Falken ATW3 which are supposed to be suitable for snow driving aswell, it's probably wiser if I just join you guys on other trips first before attempting sonething more challenging.
At the moment Im looking for ways to installing 2 aftermarket front recovery points, apart from the stock one I already have.

Cheers,
Alex
Jonno wrote: Mon 17 May, 2021 6:48 pm
AleXL7 wrote: Tue 11 May, 2021 10:21 am Hello team,

I haven't joined any of the club's trips yet, as I'm yet setting up my XL7 for trips.
However I'd love to make it to the snow trip on the 13th and 14th of August. How could I get more information about it, such as vehicle requirements, accommodation etc?

Cheers and hope to meet the Suzuki-bunch soon!
Hi Alex,

Great to have you along, you can check out the how to join page in the members section but best bet is to come along to next months club meeting where we will be talking about the snow trip in more detail. But being a more complex trip to a more remote and difficult area, its probably not the best to come along on as your very first trip with the club to be honest. I would recommend joining a trip before then to get you familiar with the club.

Regarding vehicle requirements and accommodation, in the intro section we talk about minimum equipment, with snow I would suggest some better tyres than standard road ones, a shovel, possibly max trax and an air compressor and gauge to lower tyre pressures as low as you are comfortable.
Accommodation is usually just the caravan park in Jamieson for the day trippers, you can camp or hire a cabin.

Hope to see you at the next meeting!
2009 Grand Vitara 3.2, 29" ATs
Nugget

Post by Nugget »

Yep All correct. Cheers!
Jonno

Post by Jonno »

Hey Max,

Now that Alex has dropped out, we have an open spot on the permit for the next in line, which is Pete, can you or him confirm?

Cheers
suzi88 wrote: Sat 22 May, 2021 3:39 pm
if there is room, my dad is also keen to come in his sierra
name: Peter Blackwood
rego: DROOP
and no passengers
droopypete

Post by droopypete »

Count me in please.
Peter.
suzi88

Post by suzi88 »

My passenger will be David Somers, hopefully, the permit is yet to go in or you can add him.

Thanks