Snow Trip Substitute - Wombat, 15-16 August

Trip Planning and Trip Reports

Moderator: Committee

gwagensteve
Financial Member

Snow Trip Substitute - Wombat, 15-16 August

Post by gwagensteve »

Not wishing to mope about the loss of the snow trip this year, Gallagags ( Michael, AKA Noel) and myself will be running a wombat state forest meander on the same weekend.

Dates: 15-16 august
Standard: Medium
Meeting: Gisborne Coles Carpark, 9.00am, saturday 15 august
What to bring: If the numbers are adequate (i.e more than Michael and me) we'll camp down the back of the property, have a fire, and pretend it's snowing, so if you want to stay the night, bring normal camping gear.
I recommend bringing bumpstops. (boom-tish!)
There's no special requirements re fuel.
All food can be purchased in Gisborne, they have one supermarket per head of population.
We'll be in the forest for lunch, but dinner will likely be purchased (Pizza or similar)

It'll be a nice change to sit around a campfire and tell tall tales.

Steve.
michaelpiranha2000 wrote: The rear is in great condition. but has a broken crown wheel and pinon
Matthew
Financial Member

Re: Snow Trip Substitute - Wombat, 15-16 August

Post by Matthew »

I'll be there on the 15th, probably won't stay the night but will stay for dinner and the fire.
robsjimny
Financial Member

Post by robsjimny »

I could be up for this. Will let you know asap. All depends on work on my house. Won't camp the nite as I will need to make the time up.

rob
Matthew
Financial Member

Post by Matthew »

Sorry guys I'm out. Going to Hotham now, still won't be the same without driving in the snow but I think boarding will keep me occupied for the weekend :D

Matt