CHRISTMAS BREAKUP

Trip Planning and Trip Reports

Moderator: Committee

martin

CHRISTMAS BREAKUP

Post by martin »

Christmas is nearly upon us again, this year we will be staying at the lovely Rubicon area.
Campsites Kendalls A or B depending on availabilty, both have long drop toilets but bring your own paper just in case.
The date for this much anticipated event is Dec 6th and 7th. Byo Meals Byo tentage and sleeping gear.
Happy hour will be provide along with nibbles, need more, Byo.
All members and families most welcome.
A 11am saunter is planned for the 6th so dont be late. Be there.
gwagensteve
Financial Member

Re: CHRISTMAS BREAKUP

Post by gwagensteve »

We're there!

Steve.
michaelpiranha2000 wrote: The rear is in great condition. but has a broken crown wheel and pinon
nosdivad15
Financial Member

Post by nosdivad15 »

I'll b there just after work so probably later afternoon
Lloyd
Financial Member

Post by Lloyd »

bring it on L+Mary
christover1
Financial Member

Post by christover1 »

We won't be coming this year.

Frog is still not well enough to travel.
Filling up the water every 10k is getting boring.

Block is cracked in 2 places, and head very pitted.
Replaced head gasket and blown welsh plugs to get me around locally fer now.
(no way of knowing what caused what first, but it is still stuffed)

New motor is on order, but won't be fitted by then.
Thank Goodness for the pensioner bonus, need one every year :)

Claire and christover
ZOOKS RULE DA BUSH
zookstir

Post by zookstir »

Roll call Saturday.
Lloyd and Mary....2 days.
Steve....2 days
Marty....2 days
Matt....1 day
Bruce....1 day
Note, all zooks :D
Callum and ? arrived Saturday night.

Kendalls B was already well populated, so we selected a spot in Kendalls A.
After a quick lunch we headed off to explore the Rubicon Historical area, (and after Steve changed his full doors to half doors and Matt took both doors off :o . This would later to prove to be maybe a bit unwise as the weather changed and light rain started). We checked out the Rubicon Power Station then moved on to the tressel bridge where we all got a little exercise climbing up on to the structure. After that it was time to lock the hubs and do a bit of 4wding, so we decided to head for Mount Torbreck and see if we could find the remains of the 1940 plane crash there that's indicated on the Rooftop map. We arrived at the spot on the final (fairly overgrown deadend track) but couldn't really find any evidence of where it was. After about 20 point turnarounds, we stopped at the GPS position and Marty clambered up the track embankment but couldn't find anything (supposed to be remains of an engine there), but he did find a tree beside the track with an upwards pointing arrow carved into it. As it had started to rain and the afternoon was getting late, we decided to leave further exploration to another time and headed back to camp via the lookout where views of Eildon can be seen.
A good afternoons drive apart from getting a little chilly in the "open air vehicles" :lol:
Thanks Steve for assuming the trip leader role.

Our campsite at Kendalls A

Lloyd and Mary setting up

Pelton wheel turbine from Power Station

Marty and Lloyd on Tressel Bridge

Steve's beast

Mount Torbreck lookout. (does it look a bit chilly?)
Last edited by zookstir on Mon 08 Dec, 2008 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Matthew
Financial Member

Post by Matthew »

zookstir wrote: (and after Steve changed his full doors to half doors and Matt took both doors off :o . This would later to prove to be maybe a bit unwise as the weather changed and light rain started)
Doors off is the way to go, the rain wasn't an issue, stayed perfectly dry. It was the wind chill when I was wearing shorts that was the problem, once I got some appropriate clothes on I was fine (well almost), in fact going home I got too hot, even with the windows down and had to change again. Dust wasn't too bad either, the car was pretty dusty inside but not as bad as I thought it would be.

Sorry for not waving to who ever was driving the APV (Mick?) I didn't realise it was a club member until you had passed.
Mock

Post by Mock »

Thought it was you :D
Sorry we missed ya :mrgreen:

Was a good night, a few drinks a little rain and a warm camp fire 8-) Happy times :mrgreen:

Mock :mrgreen:
mugginsmoo welding grinding sanding painting my old shit in melb
andrew_wale

Post by andrew_wale »

Sounds like a good night etc.

Sorry I could not be there.. Just been diagnosed with type 2 Diabetes (bummer).
Had to get eye tests etc..

Found out this is a family history thingy.

Anyway, hope everyone had a good time.
gwagensteve
Financial Member

Post by gwagensteve »

Callum took a bunch of photos, but on on sunday we cruised back through to Toolangi- Lloyd and Mary, Callum, Mick in the discovery and Ryan in the SASed Pajero all were up for the drive out.

Initially we had a look for Jackson's Break, but it is now closed :cry: so we headed for cockpit creek. It's pretty easy at the moment, and Blowhard has had a recent grade too, so we headed down to Rocky and ran that before we loose it for a while. Rocky is in excellent condition - the ledges are pretty big and it was nice and grippy, and after Rocky, did Glenburn before we loose it all together - the extent of the pipeline works has been staked out and it's pretty much straight down the middle of Glenburn.

Glenburn and the fencline track back up to marginal at the top of the steps is pretty cut up atm. There were plenty of places to get jammed up, break mirrors, bash panels etc, all good fun.

We were out of the forest by about 5.30.- no major dramas.

I had a great weekend and really enjoyed the saturday cruise as well - very relaxing.

Steve.
michaelpiranha2000 wrote: The rear is in great condition. but has a broken crown wheel and pinon