Tech day with a difference?

Trip Planning and Trip Reports

Moderator: Committee

cj!

Tech day with a difference?

Post by cj! »

Was having a thought the other day.........yes, scary I know but......was wondering if there might be some interest in a Tech Day with a difference. Given that we don't want to pay more than necessary for the bits we put on our cars and we tend to use different bits from here and there that maybe we could do a group visit to one of the Pick n Pay places like Centre Rd Wreckers to see what bits may be of use to us. Entry into these places is generally $1 and they are open Saturday and Sunday. Sometimes you can find useful parts on the most unlikely vehicles.

Any interest?
christover1
Financial Member

Re: Tech day with a difference?

Post by christover1 »

Id be in that. Tho, only if in nice warm spring weather. Ugly places in bad weather :oops:
ZOOKS RULE DA BUSH
gwagensteve
Financial Member

Post by gwagensteve »

Im in!

I lurve wreckers

Steve.
michaelpiranha2000 wrote: The rear is in great condition. but has a broken crown wheel and pinon
mightymouse
Location: Beginning to wish I didn't have to get under the Feroza.....

Post by mightymouse »

As long as the weathers Ok I'd be in..

We could do a walk through - with a commentary "I have used this bit form X to do ... on my Y"

However be aware they do get suspicious when you don't take tools and don't buy anything - but I like the concept.

However I'm not going to tell you all my Feroza secrets :lol:
Matthew
Financial Member

Post by Matthew »

Count me in.
cj!

Post by cj! »

I don't think the group should be too big (need to think about numbers) and tools should be taken so as an opportunity isn't missed. I don't think that we will be pulling any engines but the odd fan, cooler, relay, etc that is easily removable shouldn't pose a problem. Obviously anything spied that is a more onerous undertaking to be removed could be done after we as a group have finished or I suppose that person could just stay to remove it. If it is raining then it would be rescheduled as it is no fun there in the rain :roll:
mightymouse
Location: Beginning to wish I didn't have to get under the Feroza.....

Post by mightymouse »

It sounds like a goer cj! - I vote Centre Road Wreckers ( i'm biased as I can check out the hatsu bits.... )