Jimny autos

Anything related to 4WDs and 4WDing

Moderator: Committee

cj!

Jimny autos

Post by cj! »

As I want to end up with an auto in the Sierra I have been looking at the auto options and one of those is from the Jimny.

So far what I have learnt is that it is made by Aisin for Suzuki and apparently to their design and is coded the TW-40LS. It is described as a small torque capacity auto for Kei Class (660cc/47kW) engines and light weight vehicles with engines up to 1.3l. It is only used in the Jimny and has been mated to the K6A 660cc 3 cyl turbo with 47kW and 103Nm, the G13BB 1.3 16v sohc with 59kW and 104Nm and the M13A 1.3 16v dohc with 63kW and 110Nm.

It is a very small, lightweight unit that is electronically controlled with a lock-up torque converter.

The gear ratios are 1st 2.875:1, 2nd 1.568:1, 3rd 1.000:1 & 4th 0.696:1 although there has been a variant with 1st 2.962:1, 2nd 1.515:1, 3rd 1.000 & 4th 0.738:1

The Stall Torque Ratio is 1.7+

Parts are ONLY available from Suzuki and this applies globally. Around the world they are listed in the auto trans books as "unserviceable" as only Suzuki has access to parts for them.

Although a G16 engine could be mated to it, it is felt that the margin for coping with the increased power/torque (probably around 10% extra) may not be enough for offroad use although for general onroad driving duties it may be fine. There are some avenues that could improve this if you were willing to try them and spend the $$$.

For offroad use a good sized external cooler is a high priority.
mightymouse
Location: Beginning to wish I didn't have to get under the Feroza.....

Re: Jimny autos

Post by mightymouse »

So does this mean that an AW4 - sans transfer case ( as per Steve's 3sp mods ) is too long to fit in a Sierra ?
cj!

Post by cj! »

The AW4 is too long for a swb but it will work in a lwb although the t-case has to be pushed back a bit.
robsjimny
Financial Member

Post by robsjimny »

Anit they rare thoe. There is a wreaker in sydney sell jimny bits on ebay. James.T was trying to sell his vehicle, maybe a chance in him parting it out if not sold. I've heard on http://www.jimny.se too when they go most just pop a used one in this is world wide.

Rob
cj!

Post by cj! »

I don't think I'll be going with a Jimny auto but I thought that the info I had found out may be useful to someone in the future.